Discord

The Conservative

Discord

Post by The Conservative » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:34 pm

Hey Martin, ever think of setting up a Discord server? It allows real-time chat and interaction. A lot of companies are starting to use that instead of forums for direct communication and real-time troubleshooting with support, etc. It's not as black and white as here, or as searchable, but It's what people seem to be going towards. Just a thought.
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Re: Discord

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:37 pm

Thx for the idea.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:15 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:34 pm
Hey Martin, ever think of setting up a Discord server? It allows real-time chat and interaction. A lot of companies are starting to use that instead of forums for direct communication and real-time troubleshooting with support, etc. It's not as black and white as here, or as searchable, but It's what people seem to be going towards. Just a thought.
Good Idea
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:57 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:15 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:34 pm
Good Idea
Indeed :roll: I hear it's all the rage among the kids.

https://www.martinhash.com/forums/viewt ... =64&t=3418

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:27 am

This brings up a good question: how many people enjoy talking in real-time?

If the telephone part of an iPhone was removed, I wouldn’t even notice. Anything I have to say only takes a minute, and I’m only interested for a minute in what other people have to say. My wife can yak for hours with her friends & they don’t say a damn thing, and she never watches YouTube videos on how to repair an old watch, for example.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:13 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:27 am
This brings up a good question: how many people enjoy talking in real-time?

If the telephone part of an iPhone was removed, I wouldn’t even notice. Anything I have to say only takes a minute, and I’m only interested for a minute in what other people have to say. My wife can yak for hours with her friends & they don’t say a damn thing, and she never watches YouTube videos on how to repair an old watch, for example.
It also offers real-time conversations, honestly, it's better than a forum in that matter, you are able to see how people think in real-time as well. Plus issues can be resolved in real-time instead of dealing with the forum bullshit upon where a lot of time can pass and people don't clarify until hours later.
#NotOneRedCent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:21 am

Discord also has great enriched embeds. Makes it fast and easy to post links.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 am

I got one set up for my book when and if becomes popular. I'm also using it to publish maps and other materials for the "geeks" if there will be any... plus if the press gets wind of it I'll also have press release media for them as well... It's really a modern-day forum with very few downsides. except perhaps to really get any advantage of it, the price goes up depending on the side of the popularity of the discord server...

Which at this point in time, mine is free :P
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:56 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:21 am
Real-time & links: how is this different than Twitter? And does everything just scroll away so that no real conversation with people who aren't there can happen?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:31 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:56 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:21 am
Real-time & links: how is this different than Twitter? And does everything just scroll away so that no real conversation with people who aren't there can happen?
Yes. That is it. It's twitter without follow and algos. But with voice. There are different "rooms" you can choose between.

Voice rooms snd and chat rooms.