Game of Thrones - mostly

clubgop

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by clubgop » Mon May 20, 2019 3:40 pm

BjornP wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:05 am
One scene I really did love was Dinklage's acting when he comes across his brother and sister's bodies.
He acted the hell out this episode. They let him go to town. On his siblings deaths, his talk with Jon, and convincing the council about Bran's story.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Tyrion actually doing useful things was nice to see again, it had been too long since the writers gave him interesting material to work with, before they decided to do character sabotage for three plus seasons. Nice to see Tyrion break that cycle in the end.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon May 20, 2019 7:06 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:54 pm
Tyrion actually doing useful things was nice to see again, it had been too long since the writers gave him interesting material to work with, before they decided to do character sabotage for three plus seasons. Nice to see Tyrion break that cycle in the end.
Chalk it up to being supremely pussy whipped by the one pair of panties he couldn't buy or talk his way into.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon May 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon May 20, 2019 11:09 pm

Meh, it was alright. I can't understand where all the sudden outrage came from. I was pleasantly surprised considering the last two seasons.

The fact that there was no romantic conclusion whatsoever was a big letdown. The two authors must be gay. Even Tolkien managed to give Aragorn a princess in the end. And Sam got his dream girl come to think of it.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue May 21, 2019 4:19 am

It would have been cool to see the Dothroki get executed since there werent many left and like hell they'd be welcome to stay. There were also too many unsullied left. The legend and lore episode on their shared history is good online though . Check it out if you haven't .
The good, the true, & the beautiful

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 21, 2019 5:24 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:19 am
It would have been cool to see the Dothroki get executed since there werent many left and like hell they'd be welcome to stay. There were also too many unsullied left. The legend and lore episode on their shared history is good online though . Check it out if you haven't .
Lol I half-expected her to order the unsullied to turn around and kill them.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue May 21, 2019 10:51 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:24 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:19 am
Lol I half-expected her to order the unsullied to turn around and kill them.
You've seen this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTgmCf82s3U
The good, the true, & the beautiful

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue May 21, 2019 12:08 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:37 pm
Of course the problem with no heir is that you get wars of succession... but I guess they will find out about that in due time.
Just watched it last night. Duh!! I guess DnD weren't readers of History like Martin. The "vote for the next king" thing is going to be a fucking disaster. it would either go to the strongest warlord or the Littlefinger of the moment. The worst wars ever were ones where succession was unclear. Succession was about the only thing Westeros had right until the Warlady Cersei declared herself Queen by nothing more than force of arms.

I vote for a spin-off where Arya goes all like Caine in Kung Fu, wandering the world kicking ass and taking names, umm, I mean faces.

There is this unanswered question: what stud is going to emerge and knock up Sansa to create the next litter of Starks? The only candidate seemed to be Ser Podrick Payne, whose bedroom talents Sansa karmically deserves. But he's out of the running now that he has joined the kings guard. Another loose thread: Tyrion is still free to take another wife and continue House Lannister.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 21, 2019 12:23 pm

I vote for Battlestar Galactica tie-ins, and this time we finally see Starbuck's breasts.