Trump Tower Bugged by BHO?

C-Mag

Re: Trump Tower Bugged by BHO?

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:40 pm
Glenn Greenwald's take on the FBI informant
The FBI Informant Who Monitored the Trump Campaign, Stefan Halper, Oversaw a CIA Spying Operation in the 1980 Presidential Election
https://theintercept.com/2018/05/19/the ... -election/

Four decades ago, Stefan Halper was responsible for a long-forgotten spying scandal involving the 1980 election, in which the Reagan campaign – using CIA officials managed by Halper, reportedly under the direction of former CIA Director and then-Vice-Presidential candidate George H.W. Bush – got caught running a spying operation from inside the Carter administration. The plot involved CIA operatives passing classified information about Carter’s foreign policy to Reagan campaign officials in order to ensure the Reagan campaign knew of any foreign policy decisions that Carter was considering.
There is nothing inherently untoward, or even unusual, about the FBI using informants in an investigation. One would expect them to do so. But the use of Halper in this case, and the bizarre claims made to conceal his identity, do raise some questions that merit further inquiry.

To begin with, the New York Times reported in December of last year that the FBI investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia began when George Papadopoulos drunkenly boasted to an Australian diplomat about Russian dirt on Hillary Clinton. It was the disclosure of this episode by the Australians that “led the F.B.I. to open an investigation in July 2016 into Russia’s attempts to disrupt the election and whether any of President Trump’s associates conspired,” the NYT claimed.

But it now seems clear that Halper’s attempts to gather information for the FBI began before that. “The professor’s interactions with Trump advisers began a few weeks before the opening of the investigation, when Page met the professor at the British symposium,” the Post reported. While it’s not rare for the FBI to gather information before formally opening an investigation, Halper’s earlier snooping does call into question the accuracy of the NYT’s claim that it was the drunken Papadopoulos ramblings that first prompted the FBI’s interest in these possible connections. And it suggests that CIA operatives, apparently working with at least some factions within the FBI, were trying to gather information about the Trump campaign earlier than had been previously reported.

DAMN !

Nice Find. :clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Woodward: FBI, CIA Handling Of Dossier "Needs To Be Investigated"
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04- ... vestigated

During an interview with Fox News’s Chris Wallace, Woodward said Sunday that the FBI and CIA’s reliance on the Steele dossier “needs to be investigated” now that the Mueller reported has undercut many of the salacious document’s claims.

“What I found out recently, which was really quite surprising, the dossier, which really has got a lot of garbage in it and Mueller found that to be the case, early in building the intelligence community assessment on Russian interference, in an early draft, they actually put the dossier on page two in kind of a breakout box.”

“I think it was the CIA pushing this. Real intelligence experts looked at this and said no, this is not intelligence, this is garbage and they took it out,” said Woodward.

“But in this process, the idea that they would include something like that in one of the great stellar intelligence assessments, as Mueller also found out, is highly questionable.”

“Needs to be investigated.”
in the clip, chris wallace says that woodward admitted the dossier was garbage two years ago, so don't roll your eyes at woodward's newfound objectivity like i did at first

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:01 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:37 pm

in the clip, chris wallace says that woodward admitted the dossier was garbage two years ago, so don't roll your eyes at woodward's newfound objectivity like i did at first

Rolling my eyes anyway, Fuck Woodward
That's POS sat on the TV damn near nightly explaining to us, how Trump was Nixonian, for Obama spying on Trump...…………….. as you say he has new found objectivity.

The Woodward flip is very surprising to me. This guy has been canonized in Boomer lore and is still treated as a god amongst younger lefty kids. Second surprise is that he places the blame on the CIA, aka Brennan.

Woodward is a deep state insider, this should give us an indication of where all of this is going next.

Oh, BTW, Fuck Chris Wallace.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:11 am

Woodward *is* CIA. The question is where is the CIA going with this.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:17 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:11 am
Woodward *is* CIA. The question is where is the CIA going with this.
A lot of people believe he is CIA. That's what makes the claim the CIA a point to watch. Sounds like Woodward thinks Brennan is getting charged on this.

Here's his buddy Bernstein a year ago on Trumps Massive coverup, the saintlyness of Mueller :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu May 02, 2019 11:38 am

F.B.I. Sent Investigator Posing as Assistant to Meet With Trump Aide in 2016
May 2, 2019
http://archive.is/IhOpR

WASHINGTON — The conversation at a London bar in September 2016 took a strange turn when the woman sitting across from George Papadopoulos, a Trump campaign adviser, asked a direct question: Was the Trump campaign working with Russia?

The woman had set up the meeting to discuss foreign policy issues. But she was actually a government investigator posing as a research assistant, according to people familiar with the operation. The F.B.I. sent her to London to as part of the counterintelligence inquiry opened that summer to better understand the Trump campaign’s links to Russia.

The American government’s affiliation with the woman, who said her name was Azra Turk, is one previously unreported detail of an operation that has become a political flash point in the face of accusations by President Trump and his allies that American law enforcement and intelligence officials spied on his campaign to undermine his electoral chances. Last year, he called it “Spygate.”

The decision to use Ms. Turk in the operation aimed at a presidential campaign official shows the level of alarm inside the F.B.I. during a frantic period when the bureau was trying to determine the scope of Russia’s attempts to disrupt the 2016 election, but could also give ammunition to Mr. Trump and his allies for their spying claims.

Ms. Turk went to London to help oversee the politically sensitive operation, working alongside a longtime informant, the Cambridge professor Stefan A. Halper. The move was a sign that the bureau wanted in place a trained investigator for a layer of oversight, as well as someone who could gather information for or serve as a credible witness in any potential prosecution that emerged from the case.

The London operation yielded no fruitful information, but F.B.I. officials have called the bureau’s activities in the months before the election both legal and carefully considered under extraordinary circumstances. They are now under scrutiny as part of an investigation by Michael E. Horowitz, the Justice Department inspector general. He could make the results public in May or June, Attorney General William P. Barr has said. Some of the findings are likely to be classified.
IC spooks using the new york times to get ahead of the next IG report

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:53 pm

Bob Woodward works for the Central Intelligence Agency?

I find that hard to believe.

In what capacity is he working for them?

Directorate of Operations? NCS? NOC?

The CIA is not Voldemort from Harry Potter, to work for the CIA you still have to have a line serial job description.

The only "secret agents" are NOC's, unless Woodward is a NOC, there's no way for him to be secretly working for the CIA
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 8:35 am

He does.

Actually, a lot of journalists have a stipend from them. It is how they get special access to write their books as well.

Hence the quotes in "journalism". It's just propaganda. Always was.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:25 am

Interesting. How do they receive the money? CIA front company, or just cash in an envelope?

How do they explain where the money came from? Or are they tax evading?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 03, 2019 11:18 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:25 am
Interesting. How do they receive the money? CIA front company, or just cash in an envelope?

How do they explain where the money came from? Or are they tax evading?
I am not sure how it works in terms of taxes, but it's generally not disclosed. I think you'd have to get his tax returns, and because of that, they might not ever let you get it. I am sure it goes on the taxes, though. It's likely just a direct deposit like any other contracting job.

The irony of the whole thing was that his compatriot, Bernstein, was the one who broke the story that the CIA was doing this in the 1960s under a program called Project Mockingbird.

This is how it worked in the 1960s and 1970s:

http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

It's probably not very different today.