Things You Know Will Happen

C-Mag

Re: Things You Know Will Happen

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:09 pm

nmoore63 wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–H ... nal_theory

We won't have much a of a creative flowering until after we have the next great war.

Well, for the Love of the Arts........................ Let's get to Shooting :twisted:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:47 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
2018 will see Superhero movies fade in popularity.
Maybe but the MCU has movie plans for like 202....something. So I won't doubt that it won't end- at least until China gets sick of them. I mean wasn't the last Transformer movie was literally saved by China's box office?
I get that. I just see them already falling off in the US..................... Transformers is awful.

If China contines to feed that superhero nich/need then it will continue. Also Disney will contunue to release more Star Wars film.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:41 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:The Post will be a dud at the box office. This is going to be about as popular as that Tom Cruise movie Lions for Lambs.
Lions for Lambs made money, $63 million on a $35 million budget, so that's a 45% margin, the Post cost $50 million, so it needs to make $77.5 million to catch Lions for Lambs.

Mind you, it's the one of the few movies out there that I'm interested in seeing, Spielberg + Hanks + Historical, and I'm there, but I'll just wait for it to come to pay-per-view.
It doesn't matter if it made money. $63 million for a movie starring Tom Cruise is a disaster.

I'd much rather watch Marvel superheroes than a movie about the media portraying themselves as superheroes.

And Transformers has been trash for a long time now. The 1st movie was the only really good one.

Star Wars turned into trash too. The Marvel movies are not all wonderful, but at least Disney didn't shit all over their history like they are Star Wars.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:51 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:The Post will be a dud at the box office. This is going to be about as popular as that Tom Cruise movie Lions for Lambs.
Lions for Lambs made money, $63 million on a $35 million budget, so that's a 45% margin, the Post cost $50 million, so it needs to make $77.5 million to catch Lions for Lambs.

Mind you, it's the one of the few movies out there that I'm interested in seeing, Spielberg + Hanks + Historical, and I'm there, but I'll just wait for it to come to pay-per-view.
It doesn't matter if it made money. $63 million for a movie starring Tom Cruise is a disaster.

I'd much rather watch Marvel superheroes than a movie about the media portraying themselves as superheroes.

And Transformers has been trash for a long time now. The 1st movie was the only really good one.

Star Wars turned into trash too. The Marvel movies are not all wonderful, but at least Disney didn't shit all over their history like they are Star Wars.

Indeed, Marvel themselves shit all over the history of those characters when Marvel went full SJW (they were always pretty far left). Disney rejected the SJW garbage and stuck with the original characters.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:19 am

Its true that politics has affected Marvel and Star Wars stuff, but that doesnt mean that the original product was any good. Lets start with the Tim Burton 1989 Batman. There have been probably 75 superhero movies that have been released since then. Out of all those movies, the only one that was good was 2008’s The Dark Knight. The rest were stupid as fuck and just mediocre CGI garbage fests. 1 movie out of 75 being good is quite damning to the industry. But its far more damning on us as a people. Im almost not mad that the studios cynically have found a way to make money by using the superhero brand. If retards stopped seeing these movies, Hollywood would change. If you think about it, the morons who like anything Marvel abd DC are just as stupid and led by the nose as children who insist that their parents buy them cereal or pop tarts because they have Frozen or Despicable Me characters on the packaging.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:24 am

Maybe you just don't like comic book characters and that colors your reaction to the films. Nobody goes to these films thinking it's going to be an intellectually deep experience. They just go with the kids and expect to watch an action film.

Personally, I miss films like Predator and Aliens. We did get Pitch Black (the first one), but that was how long ago now?

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:28 am

The tax bill is pretty unpopular since the death tax doesn't expire but the tax cuts do. It's creates the perception that this is all about sending money to the top. If that perception doesn't change, there will be more blue in November.

OTOH, if this SJW nonsense doesn't slow down, there will be more red in November.

No impeachment, Russian probe will never end, Trump will add more sludge to the swamp.

Trump will spend countless hours attacking fellow citizens via Twitter while taking a shit.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:29 am

Trump will cave on DACA.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:34 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Maybe you just don't like comic book characters and that colors your reaction to the films. Nobody goes to these films thinking it's going to be an intellectually deep experience. They just go with the kids and expect to watch an action film.

Personally, I miss films like Predator and Aliens. We did get Pitch Black (the first one), but that was how long ago now?
Well I like all three of those films you mentioned. My question is, why cant we make more original scifi or whatever? Pitch Black didnt even have a huge budget, but it was way better than just about every superhero movie. It doesnt have to be intellectually deep to be good. But we keep pumping out the same tired shit over and fucking over. None of my friends want to watch good movies. They just want this superhero bullshit. Im not some beret wearing wine tasting movie snob faggot, Im just tired of being the asshole for not wanting to see Avengers 7 or Spiderman 12. This mediocre shit is what defines our culture now. We supposedly have the best writers on Earth in Hollywood, and this is truly the best they can do? The new Bladerunner movie was awesome and seemed to be relatively popular, so we know it is possible to make good movies that do well financially. Im just tired of comic book faggotry.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:36 am

heydaralon wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Maybe you just don't like comic book characters and that colors your reaction to the films. Nobody goes to these films thinking it's going to be an intellectually deep experience. They just go with the kids and expect to watch an action film.

Well I like all three of those films you mentioned. My question is, why cant we make more original scifi or whatever? Pitch Black didnt even have a huge budget, but it was way better than just about every superhero movie. It doesnt have to be intellectually deep to be good. But we keep pumping out the same tired shit over and fucking over. None of my friends want to watch good movies. They just want this superhero bullshit. Im not some beret wearing wine tasting movie snob faggot, Im just tired of being the asshole for not wanting to see Avengers 7 or Spiderman 12. This mediocre shit is what defines our culture now. We supposedly have the best writers on Earth in Hollywood, and this is truly the best they can do? The new Bladerunner movie was awesome and seemed to be relatively popular, so we know it is possible to make good movies that do well financially. Im just tired of comic book faggotry.

1. Hollywood is a business and they are trying to maximize profit, which means catering to the largest possible audience in high-budget cases.
2. Hollywood is located in California and run by Californians, and therefore they are pozzed right up the ass with California culture. So you are getting Californian culture jammed into your brain when you go to these films. Most of what people don't like, really, comes down to a clash of culture. This is one area that's hard for Hollywood to escape. It's not easy to get out of your own culture and values to produce art for another culture in their own terms. The only solution to this is for alternative "hollywoods" to emerge in the several different cultural regions of America.