THE ERA OF TRUMP

C-Mag

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 pm

Penner wrote:The actual Michael Wolff's interview is interesting on what he says about the Trump White House. To paraphrased Wolff, everyone in the Trump White House lies in their own way:

Here's why you don't get excited about these kind of books. These books come out early on in each administration, they are always salacious, they always biased and they are always unverifiable. At best these books are a snap shot in time through a peep hole.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:51 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
...except when interviewed in private.
...an unnamed source stated.
I believe there's a book about it.
And you read It? Undercover hack bitch book club?

ssu

Post by ssu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 am

C-Mag wrote:Here's why you don't get excited about these kind of books. These books come out early on in each administration, they are always salacious, they always biased and they are always unverifiable. At best these books are a snap shot in time through a peep hole.
Not actually,

It's true that usually the first books coming out and depicting a new administration typically get the administration in it's infancy bumbling around as the new White House doesn't know how to operate in Washington. Especially the Clinton administration was similar to the Trump administration in this way with it's heavy dose of perpetual scandals. I remember buying a book about the Clinton administration called "The Madhouse". Pretty telling the name of the book.

Yet there's allways the second layer behind all the fandango around the President and the White House reporters and all that we typically see. Then there's the actual decision making of policies. The President may have a big part in this or not. This only emerges in hindsight from the day to day decision making to a broader narrative, which looks at various administrations tackle on larger issue or another. These kinds of books seem to tell a totally different story.

Still, both kind of books and reporting do capture reality of an administration.

Now Trump may be a great populist when talking to his fans and can steer the media discourse, but what he is totally lacking is leadership skills. That is evident even without Wolff's book. The campaign was chaotic and that chaos has remained. It's whimsical to try to argue that somehow Trump leads through chaos, as if would be a great way lead the executive branch. Trump simply isn't a leader, he's not a guy that can motivate and get people with different objectives to work as a team. He's just basically a rich investor. What kind of political leader comes to bipartisan meeting and first thing he does is that he says he will accept any kind of decision that the meeting will give?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 am

The kind of person that wants to make it clear it's not his fault the DACA invaders have to go back.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:28 am

ssu wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Here's why you don't get excited about these kind of books. These books come out early on in each administration, they are always salacious, they always biased and they are always unverifiable. At best these books are a snap shot in time through a peep hole.
Not actually,

It's true that usually the first books coming out and depicting a new administration typically get the administration in it's infancy bumbling around as the new White House doesn't know how to operate in Washington. Especially the Clinton administration was similar to the Trump administration in this way with it's heavy dose of perpetual scandals. I remember buying a book about the Clinton administration called "The Madhouse". Pretty telling the name of the book.

Yet there's allways the second layer behind all the fandango around the President and the White House reporters and all that we typically see. Then there's the actual decision making of policies. The President may have a big part in this or not. This only emerges in hindsight from the day to day decision making to a broader narrative, which looks at various administrations tackle on larger issue or another. These kinds of books seem to tell a totally different story.

Still, both kind of books and reporting do capture reality of an administration.

Now Trump may be a great populist when talking to his fans and can steer the media discourse, but what he is totally lacking is leadership skills. That is evident even without Wolff's book. The campaign was chaotic and that chaos has remained. It's whimsical to try to argue that somehow Trump leads through chaos, as if would be a great way lead the executive branch. Trump simply isn't a leader, he's not a guy that can motivate and get people with different objectives to work as a team. He's just basically a rich investor. What kind of political leader comes to bipartisan meeting and first thing he does is that he says he will accept any kind of decision that the meeting will give?

I like Trump because he is a wrecking ball to the status quo. A status quo that has created a lot of problems and a DEEPLY entrenched political class in Washington DC. I'm skeptical about these reports because the same people that tell me this also told me James Comey was an upstanding guy with unquestionable morals and ethics while Comey was Obstructing Justice at the FBI.

The Leadership model adopted throughout Government and Media is Political Leadership which is based on the control of information as power. Dynamic Leadership is merit based Leadership and doesn't really care about political connections as much as, what have you done lately.

Look at this from the perspective of the entrenched power brokers in Washington DC, the career bearucrats, the media and the politicians. A guy who hasn't, 'payed his dues', who doesn't owe political allegiance or favors to anyone. If you are one of those people, the entire system you payed into during your career was just blown up. A different leadership style that doesn't support standard political system in Washington DC you may very well view as bad leadership.

There's just been so much disinformation about Trump, that I don't know what to believe. So, I'm skeptical about these reports and I will wait and see.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Account abandoned.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Trump threw a fatuous grandstanding member of the Media Party out of the Oval Office? Z.O.M.G. he's surely doomed now. lol.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:48 pm

lol what? The link seems broke. I'm searching BBC but all I see is pic related

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Weird about the link. Here's the correct one http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... burst.html
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Account abandoned.