Who is the Toughest Person on this Forum?

Smitty-48

Re: Who is the Toughest Person on this Forum?

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:21 pm

C-Mag wrote:Do Cannucks still brawl like days of yor? Cause in the US they've pretty much made it illegal.
I am amazed at Cannucks willingness to throw down. Most cannucks come off as polite to a fault, then they have this side.

Those were good days when you could get in a bar fight and then just go back to drinking, maybe with the guy you fought. Because you and he had something in common. You were standing your ground, lots of big mouths talking shit, but you were the 2 that squared off.
Oh, it's illegal to brawl in Canada, the charge is actually called "Dueling" under the Criminal Code, but once the kids get liquored up, jurisprudence goes out the window pretty quick.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:30 pm

:lol:

Well, fighting is a lower middle class to poor thing. People that are comfortable with means don't often fight. At least in the US.

I almost got kicked out of school for fighting. It was a stupid town pride thing, our town vs the rival town. I started the whole mess too. There was a loud mouth from the neighboring town, liked to talk shit, when I called him out he was Mr Nice guy, talking misunderstanding shit. I reached out to shake his hand, pulled him in and crushed his nose with my other hand. Crushed my 3rd knuckle on my right hand, it's still that way. Anyway, that led to a series of bouts. :lol: Fuck it was fun being young and full of piss N vinegar.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:37 pm

In Canada, it's not the big cities where you have to watch yourself, it's the smaller towns where brawling is more prevalent,

Like Glace Bay Nova Scotia, Hull Quebec, Hamilton Ontario, Portage la Prairie Manitoba, North Battleford Saskatchewan, etcetera.

The French, the Indians, and the white trash hooligans, same as it ever was.

North Battleford Saskatchewan, population 13,000, IIRC, statistically, that is the most dangerous town in Canada.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:48 pm

I've probably asked before, but have you guys read this from Jimmy Webb?

https://www.amazon.com/Born-Fighting-Sc ... 0767916891

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:49 pm

Fighting still happens here as well. But someone is probably going to end up with charges, even in the wide spots on the road.

A couple of years ago my brother got in a fight with a guy he knew outside a bar, over some money. My brother put the guy in ICU, broken jaw, skull fracture, the whole deal. They tried to him on attempted voluntary manslaughter or something. Based on the issue with the money and he was beating the guys head into the pavement.

It never went to trial. They settled, brother got probation and has to stay out of the county for 7 years. Both parties were trouble, no one saw the fight. It was like Trayvon Martin and Zimmerman, two knuckleheads met at night.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:53 pm

Fife wrote:I've probably asked before, but have you guys read this from Jimmy Webb?

I have not. Webb was the best candidate for POTUS in 2016, he quickly saw it was rigged for Hillary and got out.
PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:54 pm

If it's just one guy, and he's not armed, I let him make the first move and then just try to put him into a submission hold, so I can claim self defense/citizens arrest, I'm loathe to strike anybody in an offensive manner these days.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:58 pm

Fife wrote:I've probably asked before, but have you guys read this from Jimmy Webb?

That’s a fantastic book. I immediately scooped up the audible version the last time you recommended it. It was either that or Albion’s Seed. Both very formative for me in regards to my current belief system.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 pm

I almost got in a fight the other day, road rage monkey chased me down and I saw him jump out of his truck and start marching up the road, I didn't want him to damage my car, so I jumped out to make sure he didn't, but as soon as he saw me coming, he turned around and went back to his truck, cursing me over his shoulder.

Traffic in and out of the city is brutal and there's a lot of stress monkeys, so that's like only reason I come close to scrapping now, there's road rage kooks all over, but so far, when they see who they're calling out, and they see that I'm ready to go, they've backed down and got back in the car.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:19 pm