How Does One Actually Buy Gold?

SuburbanFarmer

How Does One Actually Buy Gold?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:19 pm

I'm rather uninformed on this, and would appreciate some expertise. How does one actually buy physical gold?

Yes, any idiot could walk to a jewelry counter, and get a gaudy chain or something, but I don't want to pay the markups for making it into jewelry. Some actual gold coins would be useful in a Collapse scenario, but they're incredibly difficult to actually find, without paying absurdly high markups.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Re: How Does One Actually Buy Gold?

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:20 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm rather uninformed on this, and would appreciate some expertise. How does one actually buy physical gold?

Yes, any idiot could walk to a jewelry counter, and get a gaudy chain or something, but I don't want to pay the markups for making it into jewelry. Some actual gold coins would be useful in a Collapse scenario, but they're incredibly difficult to actually find.
If you want to make some serious green, check out cash for gold! Really honest company, and fair prices!
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:27 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm rather uninformed on this, and would appreciate some expertise. How does one actually buy physical gold?

Yes, any idiot could walk to a jewelry counter, and get a gaudy chain or something, but I don't want to pay the markups for making it into jewelry. Some actual gold coins would be useful in a Collapse scenario, but they're incredibly difficult to actually find, without paying absurdly high markups.

Back in the 2000s when it was maybe $300 per troy ounce. Not now.

Land is a better investment now.

Gold is good to just park your wealth there (not an investment).

If you are looking at this from a prepping standpoint, then maybe look at silver, but even there, you are better off with other things in my opinion (especially land). Just owning about twenty acres of land outright that you can use to produce food is worth more than gold. Especially if it's in a defensible location with a non-leftist community in the surrounding area.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

If you are looking at this from a prepping standpoint, then maybe look at silver, but even there, you are better off with other things in my opinion (especially land). Just owning about twenty acres of land outright that you can use to produce food is worth more than gold. Especially if it's in a defensible location with a non-leftist community in the surrounding area.
I'm really asking what to do with my kids' savings for the next decade or two. I can't convince their mother to let me put it into anything, so gold/silver would probably be the only option. 8-)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I'm really asking what to do with my kids' savings for the next decade or two. I can't convince their mother to let me put it into anything, so gold/silver would probably be the only option. 8-)
If you would like to send me some cash I can get you gold no problem. Pyrite is actually worth more than gold, which is a very guarded metallurgical secret. I can get pyrite no problem and you have my personal guarantee that I will get you the best deal possible. I would have to ask that you pay me up front. Its nothing personal, I just don't trust you.
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:41 pm

It’s easy to buy gold online. It costs about $100 over spot for U.S. minted $50 Standing Liberties. It’s delivered to your house. It’s also easy to sell back.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Grumps, don't listen to Martin. He is trying to play you and run off with your cash. This is why it is very important to have a middleman like me, who knows the metal game, to purchase your gold for you! I am trying to make sure you don't get taken advantage of.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:48 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I use to like Apmex. You might want to look into numismatics as well. Instead of just generic gold coins, look into historical gold coins. The numismatics market actually beats the stock market over time, and it's really depressed right now I think.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:51 pm

There are brick and mortar exchanges, I don't know what's round you, but round here there are all sorts, like Canadian PMX, can buy online or go into the store, they'll even sell you a one kilogram gold bar if you want, for $41,000 USD
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Speaker is a great guy, but he's trying to scam you GCF. APMEX is great if you want to waste thousands of dollars. I have insider knowledge about the Pyrite market. We are facing a chronic shortage and the prices are about to go sky high! You need to get on this now! If you are looking to get Gypsum, I also can get that quite easily with my contacts. Would you like to triple your money GCF? Yes, you read that right. Send me a personal message with your bank account details and we can get started.
Shikata ga nai