Mom's Basement

Smitty-48

Re: Mom's Basement

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:20 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 am
Twenty years ago, chaps.
/shrug
Solving it won't get the tyrants of today off our back.
I don't think it was faked, I would say the tyranny is related more by the shock of 9-11 changing the culture in America

that seemed to be the moment where Safety Culture went completely off the deep end
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:23 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:20 am
DBTrek wrote:
Twenty years ago, chaps.
/shrug
I don't think it was faked, I would say the tyranny is related more by the shock of 9-11 changing the culture in America

that seemed to be the moment where Safety Culture went completely off the deep end
Yeah, I agree.
There was a lot of outrage about the PATRIOT Act, mass domestic surveillance, etc, and calls for it to be rolled back all during Bush Jr, and into the Obama years. But, by Obama's second term "the people" just sort of gave up and accepted the new norm, I think.

The government out-waited us.
Just like they're trying to do with the cult of anti-white, anti-free market, Wokeism.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:26 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:23 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:20 am
DBTrek wrote:
Twenty years ago, chaps.
/shrug

Yeah, I agree.
There was a lot of outrage about the PATRIOT Act, mass domestic surveillance, etc, and calls for it to be rolled back all during Bush Jr, and into the Obama years. But, by Obama's second term "the people" just sort of gave up and accepted the new norm, I think.

The government out-waited us.
Just like they're trying to do with the cult of anti-white, anti-free market, Wokeism.
I won't say I wasn't shocked myself

and the women having to jump off the building to their deaths to avoid the fire, that is haunting

and the 313 firefighters going down with it, that's a whole brotherhood dying together on the same day

but even in the moment, I was thinking, ah fuck, everybody is going to go nuts now, buckle up for massive government overreach security theatre

they clearly dropped the ball catastrophically somehow, so now they will have to massively overcompensate for that
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:49 am

the principle danger of the PATRIOT Act is that it creates an American KGB in effect

used to be obvious to Americans why they did not want the NSA under the same rules as the FBI

but it was the failed hand off at the waterline, NSA to FBI, which incited this impulse to bring the two together

technically the Soviets didn't even go that far, because the Soviet NSA is the GRU, and that was actually separate from the KGB

even the Soviet Politburo did not trust their NSA & FBI to be merged under the same command

even the Soviet Politburo did not think it was safe for their to be that much centralization

neither does Vladimir Putin, to this the day the Russian NSA (GRU) & FBI (FSB) are maintained as adversarial, to keep them from having too much power
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:58 am

Will we ever know what happened and why? The 9-11 commission report feels like just an other conspiracy theory among all the others.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:59 am

Hastur wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:58 am
Will we ever know what happened and why? The 9-11 commission report feels like just an other conspiracy theory among all the others.
Nope. We should simply accept that ‘they hate our freedom’ and be afraid.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:00 pm

20 years ago, the world witnessed a perfect three-part footprint collapse of skyscrapers in downtown New York. Never happened since or before, but…. We got a Freedom Pool out of it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:04 pm

putting aside the danger of the PATRIOT Act to American freedom

it's also deeply flawed in a technical sense

basically they vacuum up everything, but then have no discrimination

to wit, when you are watching everything, you are actually watching nothing in the end

they are in fact more blinded now than they have ever been : garbage in, garbage out
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:19 pm

at the same time, surveillance was quite pervasive in the Cold War

the PATRIOT Act is really just publicly disclosing what they have been doing all along

like back in the 70's, 80's & 90's; NSA ECHELON was listening to all your phone calls, with Cray supercomputers alerted by keywords

so not that much has changed in a practical sense, they are just much more open about how they operate now

another thing about ECHELON, it's a Five Eyes operation under the United Kingdom - United States Security Agreement (UKUSSA)

so even if the NSA can't technically spy on you

Five Eyes is offshore, so they would get around the rules by getting one of the British Commonwealth FVEY members to do it for them

that's UK GCHQ, Canadian CSE, Australian ASIO, or even New Zealand's GCSB

it's like when the Clinton's went after Trump with their phony "dossier", they ran that through the UK

Britain, Canada, Australia & New Zealand are all with the Globalist Elites against MAGA, nothing from the Commonwealth can be trusted
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:55 pm

9-11

Shocked the West and the US (leaders of the west) into a scarcity mindset.

Y'all lost your confidence.

Now dust that shit off and stand up strong again.

You are out of Afghanistan, thank god.
Now get focussed, and show us all who you can be.

Goddammit.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty