Good Cop, Bad Cop: Law Enforcement Thread

C-Mag

Good Cop, Bad Cop: Law Enforcement Thread

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:17 pm

We had a good thread at our previous site about Police abuse, but want to make this a place to talk about Good and Bad by cops.

To kick it off, Cheatham County, Tennessee did this shit to a guy. Fife, what's up in the Volunteer State ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

de officiis

Re: Good Cop, Bad Cop: Law Enforcement Thread

Post by de officiis » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:35 pm

C-Mag wrote:We had a good thread at our previous site about Police abuse, but want to make this a place to talk about Good and Bad by cops.

To kick it off, Cheatham County, Tennessee did this shit to a guy. Fife, what's up in the Volunteer State ?
How does a county government budget for this kind of liability exposure? Can't imagine they're going to have insurance coverage.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:50 pm

de officiis wrote:
C-Mag wrote:We had a good thread at our previous site about Police abuse, but want to make this a place to talk about Good and Bad by cops.

How does a county government budget for this kind of liability exposure? Can't imagine they're going to have insurance coverage.
No Idea. The article I read on this said the Deputy told the 18 year old kid accused of being a drug dealer that he would keep tazing him until he ran out of batteries.
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:51 pm

White privilege.

That comment section, tho...
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Carlus joined the pinestraw militia.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Some context here:

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/newsch ... to-lawsuit

He was trying to kill himself and harm others. They were trying to get him into a restraining chair to put him on suicide watch. They eventually had to take him to a mental hospital, but not before busted out a squad car window.

It does seem kind of pathetic that they couldn't get one assbag into a restraining chair without shocking him, though. I bet mental health orderlies feel contemptuous.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Carlus joined the pinestraw militia.
Yeah, I have no idea what it means, what it's about, I just jumped right in.

Are we in danger of being Waco'd :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Some context here:

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/newsch ... to-lawsuit

He was trying to kill himself and harm others. They were trying to get him into a restraining chair to put him on suicide watch. They eventually had to take him to a mental hospital, but not before busted out a squad car window.

It does seem kind of pathetic that they couldn't get one assbag into a restraining chair without shocking him, though. I bet mental health orderlies feel contemptuous.
He looked pretty well restrained to me without the tazer.
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 pm

C-Mag wrote:

Way back, there was that shooting in the church, Carolina I think it was. I was pissed at the number of shootings like that I'd seen where there was no sign of resistance. Just people resigning themselves to waiting to die. Flip called us little green army men.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Way back, there was that shooting in the church, Carolina I think it was. I was pissed at the number of shootings like that I'd seen where there was no sign of resistance. Just people resigning themselves to waiting to die. Flip called us little green army men.
I remember the old pinestraw militia, I thought it was funny, but I never knew the origin.
PLATA O PLOMO