Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Speaker to Animals

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Fife wrote:Oak Ridge gonna git ya.

Too far away. I might get some fallout from it. Potassium iodide FTW.

The reality is that most of us would survive a nuclear exchange. It's what happens afterwards that gets ugly. Especially if the attackers also decided to shut everything down with some EMP-effect detonations above North America. That's the part that concerns me. If you look at the actual primary and secondary targets, they'd probably do us a favor if they hit all those cities. I mean.. look at the map of North Carolina above. If that happened, they'd have wiped out the very people I don't want to share a region with when the power is gone.

But if all they do is an EMP attack and leave a few million dindus to march on the mountains.. fuck. We will need to start manufacturing some mustard gas or something.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Asheville is full of swipples.

You don't get it yet. Putin doesn't hate us. He just wants to make America great again. He's the ace in the hole. Once we reclaim America we will join up with Putin and conquer Eurabia.

DEUS VULT

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Just FYI, the target in western North Carolina is not Asheville, it's Balsam Grove, Rosman Station; satellite tracking and NSA SIGINT during the Cold War.

Officially, the NSA moved out of there in the 90's, but back in the Cold War, it was an ultra high security complex, priority strategic target.

Looking at your map there, the purple triangles seem like they are flexible response targets, for limited nuclear war, decapitation strikes. The black dots, those look like counterforce targets, particularly the all out strike against the Great Plains.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Just FYI, the target in western North Carolina is not Asheville, it's Balsam Grove, Rosman Station; satellite tracking and NSA SIGINT during the Cold War.

Officially, the NSA moved out of there in the 90's, but back in the Cold War, it was an ultra high security complex, priority strategic target.

Looking at your map there, the purple triangles seem like they are flexible response targets, for limited nuclear war, decapitation strikes. The black dots, those look like counterforce targets, particularly the all out strike against the Great Plains.

Interesting. Balsam Grove is pretty far away. It's out past Brevard. Great area. I saw the eclipse out that way.

Still, I think I am far enough away from that. That has to be almost fifty miles away from me.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm

It's not likely still a target for the Russians, NASA might still be there, but prolly not NSA anymore, that map is clearly for a Soviet strike in the Cold War, but the purple triangles look like high priority strategic targets, because look at the concentration of purple triangles around NORAD in Colorado, so the purple is like NCA, NORAD, FVEY, CONGOV; decapitation, while the black dots are mostly SAC & Co, the bases, the bombers, the ICBMs; counterforce
Nec Aspera Terrent

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Just FYI, the target in western North Carolina is not Asheville, it's Balsam Grove, Rosman Station; satellite tracking and NSA SIGINT during the Cold War.

Interesting. Balsam Grove is pretty far away. It's out past Brevard. Great area. I saw the eclipse out that way.

Still, I think I am far enough away from that. That has to be almost fifty miles away from me.
Don't lie. Asheville is located in Buncombe County, in an adjacent county. If Balsam Grove does get hit Asheville could very well be in the radius.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:It's not likely still a target for the Russians, NASA might still be there, but prolly not NSA anymore, that map is clearly for a Soviet strike in the Cold War, but the purple triangles look like high priority strategic targets, because look at the concentration of purple triangles around NORAD in Colorado, so the purple is like NCA, NORAD, FVEY, CONGOV; decapitation, while the black dots are mostly SAC & Co, the bases, the bombers, the ICBMs; counterforce
The map itself is possible targets during the Cold War.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Penner wrote:

Don't lie. Asheville is located in Buncombe County, in an adjacent county. If Balsam Grove does get hit Asheville could very well be in the radius.

Downtown Asheville is like 70 miles from that place. That's way the fuck out of range.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Penner wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:It's not likely still a target for the Russians, NASA might still be there, but prolly not NSA anymore, that map is clearly for a Soviet strike in the Cold War, but the purple triangles look like high priority strategic targets, because look at the concentration of purple triangles around NORAD in Colorado, so the purple is like NCA, NORAD, FVEY, CONGOV; decapitation, while the black dots are mostly SAC & Co, the bases, the bombers, the ICBMs; counterforce
The map itself is possible targets during the Cold War.
That's only for a Soviet first strike, that's the decapitation and the counterforce, that map clearly doesn't include countervalue, for a Soviet massive retaliation it would three to four times as many targets.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Still close enough to have radiation have an affect.