Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

TheReal_ND

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:05 pm

Good! See you in hell Houstonians!

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:10 pm

Nukedog wrote:Good! See you in hell Houstonians!

Nuclear alligators swimming in nuclear water. Right next to the floating nuclear fire-ant nests.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:12 pm

I'd play that vidya

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:47 pm

I would rather take a Cryolator:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Well, in a surface-burst exchange, we're all fucked, no matter where we live. Just playing with the EMP idea, for the moment.

Without any fallout concerns, it's just a matter of food and defense. If there's enough food to go around, then defense takes a backseat. I think full breakdown would be a far smaller risk in an area like this, as there's certainly no shortage of food. There's also a strong tradition of homesteading, hunting, and preparedness. I like my chances here, better than anywhere, actually. Just need to get further out in the sticks, for isolation.

That's just it.. I think most of us would fair better with just a straight nuclear exchange. The upper Midwest would be hooped, obviously. Most of the Eastern and Western coastlines. But LOTS of the interior of CONUS has no primary, secondary, or tertiary targets anywhere nearby. Everything south of the Jet Stream isn't gong to get blanketed by the fallout from what is left of the missile fields in the upper states.

A CONUS-wide EMP would fuck us all right in the ass.

As far as food.. I don't think you grasp the gravity of the problem. Most of the food your region produces (which I admit is great in good times) cannot be repeated. That is, your professional farmers can't just harvest the food, collect the new seeds, and replant. They have to go to Monsanto every year to purchase new seeds. Nor does the organization of those huge farms really work without power. You are not going to be able to harvest giant fields without tractors, or water then without water pumps, etc.

All that bread belt stuff means jack after EMP. What matters is whether small communities can make use of the land in their immediate vicinity in time. That totally depends upon the timing of the attack.

If you were talking about places like Kanasa and Nebraska then they probably would've been better than the rest of the US. You see a while back someone posted what was allegedly a map of where they would drop their nukes (and also how many and I think it even had the yields). Places like you fabled Asheville, NC would've been nuked to the stone age with the rest of the state and also other targets in the Appalachians:

Here is the map:

I don't know who made that map, or why they put a purple triangle over Asheville, or even what that purple triangle means since the legend is not legible, but there really exists no target here. There's literally nothing here worth attacking.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Penner wrote:

That's just it.. I think most of us would fair better with just a straight nuclear exchange. The upper Midwest would be hooped, obviously. Most of the Eastern and Western coastlines. But LOTS of the interior of CONUS has no primary, secondary, or tertiary targets anywhere nearby. Everything south of the Jet Stream isn't gong to get blanketed by the fallout from what is left of the missile fields in the upper states.

A CONUS-wide EMP would fuck us all right in the ass.

As far as food.. I don't think you grasp the gravity of the problem. Most of the food your region produces (which I admit is great in good times) cannot be repeated. That is, your professional farmers can't just harvest the food, collect the new seeds, and replant. They have to go to Monsanto every year to purchase new seeds. Nor does the organization of those huge farms really work without power. You are not going to be able to harvest giant fields without tractors, or water then without water pumps, etc.

All that bread belt stuff means jack after EMP. What matters is whether small communities can make use of the land in their immediate vicinity in time. That totally depends upon the timing of the attack.

If you were talking about places like Kanasa and Nebraska then they probably would've been better than the rest of the US. You see a while back someone posted what was allegedly a map of where they would drop their nukes (and also how many and I think it even had the yields). Places like you fabled Asheville, NC would've been nuked to the stone age with the rest of the state and also other targets in the Appalachians:

Here is the map:

I don't know who made that map, or why they put a purple triangle over Asheville, or even what that purple triangle means since the legend is not legible, but there really exists no target here. There's literally nothing here worth attacking.
Yes, beg Mishka. Beg for your village.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Asheville ain't my village. Shit. If Putin nuked Asheville in the exchange, he'd be doing us a solid. I live far enough away from it.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:25 pm

Oh Asville is a target all right. He's going to nuke the commie coasts, Houston, all of Florida, and the entire black belt. Putin is a great man.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Another map:

Asheville doesn't make the list.

Frankly, I don't see why anybody would put Asheville on any list as even a tertiary target. There's nothing in Asheville worth destroying, and you'd be wasting a warhead that could better be used in counterforce strikes or even EMPs.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Oak Ridge gonna git ya.