Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Alexander PhiAlipson

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Sure--dandelion and burdock beer, too--tastes a little like root beer. I knew an old lady with an enormous mulberry tree in her backyard and she'd sit on her porch all day with a .410 at her side just waiting for starlings to try to snatch her shit.
EDIT: typo.
Last edited by Alexander PhiAlipson on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:22 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: I knew on old lady with an enormous mulberry tree in her backyard
phrasing
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:23 pm

add them to salad
I thought salads were supposed to be medleys. What's the big deal?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:16 am

C-Mag wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Yes sir we did do 5 gallons by hand.

4 of us sat around a table, just talking. In the back of my head I'm thinking this could be 50, 100, 1000 years ago. Nothing changed, 4 family members sitting around a table pitting cherries.

Definitely want to do some syrup, thinking about 2 qts of that in half pints.
Next time you should live-stream it and let viewers vote on who gets kicked out of the family, to spice it up a bit. :twisted:
I LOLd :lol:

Feats of Strength shall be a deciding factor.
Number of times you can press a 7 stone Peter Wright Anvil :D
:D

I would watch that show.

Next step, Carlus for president!
:flags-waveusa:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:06 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Next time you should live-stream it and let viewers vote on who gets kicked out of the family, to spice it up a bit. :twisted:
I LOLd :lol:

Feats of Strength shall be a deciding factor.
Number of times you can press a 7 stone Peter Wright Anvil :D
:D

I would watch that show.

Next step, Carlus for president!
:flags-waveusa:
Come to the house, we'll pull the Peter Wright out of the Barn :D

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:25 pm

Essential Craftsman is one of my favorite channels on Youtube. The guy is an awesome craftsman in many disciplines, and he does a great job communicating knowledge. In this video he does a beef butcher with a neighbor.

Here is his channel trailer. Great stuff on Blacksmithing, construction and basic tool use
PLATA O PLOMO

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:28 am

C-Mag wrote:Essential Craftsman is one of my favorite channels on Youtube. The guy is an awesome craftsman in many disciplines, and he does a great job communicating knowledge. In this video he does a beef butcher with a neighbor.

Here is his channel trailer. Great stuff on Blacksmithing, construction and basic tool use
I have no doubt you have already heard of the youtube channel primitive survival C-mag. If you haven't, you should check it out. One of the most interesting channels on youtube. I used to camp when I was a teenager, and this guy makes me want to do it again. Excellent content. Also, that cow butchering video is fascinating. It just goes to show how much work and discipline is needed to prepare meat that we all eat. The way those folks handle the knife is quite impressive. They make it look easy, though I'm certain if I tried skinning a cow it would take hours and I would make a bloody mess of it.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:31 am

heydaralon wrote:
I have no doubt you have already heard of the youtube channel primitive survival C-mag. If you haven't, you should check it out. One of the most interesting channels on youtube. I used to camp when I was a teenager, and this guy makes me want to do it again. Excellent content. Also, that cow butchering video is fascinating. It just goes to show how much work and discipline is needed to prepare meat that we all eat. The way those folks handle the knife is quite impressive. They make it look easy, though I'm certain if I tried skinning a cow it would take hours and I would make a bloody mess of it.
Primitive survival is the guy just by himself in the bush making stuff with no commentary? Very GOOD channel.

Butchering is a skill that anyone can do, but to do well takes experience, knowledge and practice. First thing to notice about that video is the color of the fat, pale yellow, not stark white. That shows slowly fattened beef on grass. Stark white fat as you see in the market is not as healthy a fat for animal or eating. I'm a pretty good butcher, I do a few things differently, but that group knew their jobs. However, they don't know shit about cooking a steak.
PLATA O PLOMO

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:43 am

Something to be said for keeping your shit very sharp.

You can see it even when guy fillet fish. Some of the carcasses look like they were cut with a dull spoon.

That channel looks awesome, cheers Carlus.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:52 am

Looks like too much work. Let's just wait for the robots that are going to do all that stuff. :goteam: