Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

The Conservative

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by The Conservative » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:08 pm

All I buy is chuck. I cut it up into At least a dozen meals for every 6 To 8 lbs of Chuck depending on the fat on it.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:16 pm

Haumana wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:39 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:07 pm
Home Protein production and processing: Introduction
This will be a series to help you get started putting up protein. It's easily the most expensive part of your grocery bill. The elites don't want you on a high protein diet, they want you on a high carb and soy diet because it makes you compliant. Listen to Dangerous History #087, Grain and the State.
I will headline them in Green in case you want to reference them. I'm assuming some of you know some of this and practice it yourself, but I'm trying to keep it basic.

I'll touch on Fowl, Swine, Deer and Beef, maybe some others. But I'm going to jump right to the quick starter that you can do today.

Basic Butchery Tool - The most basic tool is your brain coupled with your hands. This is a craft that needs to be studied and practiced. But quite enjoyable and can save us all money. After the software is ready comes hardware.

A Knife - everything can be done with a knife, but takes more skill to do a good job, but it all can be done with a knife. I'll recommend a cheap but efficient knife that will take a decent edge. The $18 Chicago Cutlery boning knife https://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Cutlery- ... B0000BYEJB
If I had to choose one knife under 20 bucks to do this, that's the one. You can get a really good knife for $40.

More on tools later. Now on to the best place to start with home butchery.

The quickest and easiest way to save on protein at the store is to go to a bulk store and buy a large cut of meat that you can get at a discount, and make finished cuts out of it. I recommend starting with a Chuck Roast a couple inches thick. Pick out the best Chuck Roast you can find. Right now you might find them for $7/lbs and Chuck Steaks for eight or nine. It's mostly the same meat, just in a larger size.
Here's a video I found on a method.

Bang for the buck on steaks, go with Chuck Roasts cut into steaks at home. Chuck sections have more flavor and are often just as tender as other steaks. If you want to save money and eat pretty well the most versatile part of the animal is the Chuck Section. Get to know it.

That's the intro. More later.
Nice start. When we were in California there was an outlet called Smart & Final (a pseudo restaurant/individual outlet) and we would regularly get their vac pacs of primal cuts to divvy out on our own. I am slowly weening her in to butchering our own meat.
8-)
I figured many of us have done this already. But It was a good place to start. I'm going to the store tonight, and I'm going to check prices and run some numbers on what you can save just doing this.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:18 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:08 pm
All I buy is chuck. I cut it up into At least a dozen meals for every 6 To 8 lbs of Chuck depending on the fat on it.
If you've ever been to Sunday all you can eat steak at Golden Corral, this is what they are serving............ and fighting over :lol: if you've seen the video.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:02 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:18 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:08 pm
If you've ever been to Sunday all you can eat steak at Golden Corral, this is what they are serving............ and fighting over :lol: if you've seen the video.
Lol, no, but it's the one meat that no one ever fights over. It's also a reason why I pick it up, I love the types of meats you can get from it.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:47 pm

I went to the store tonight. Did a quick survey of the beef.
Best deal for the guy that wants to cut his own steaks was Beef Loin primal at $ 8.79/lbs (12 pounds in weight)
NY Strip steaks (from a loin primal) were $ 16.99/lbs You would save $ 98.40 on your steaks. And you could have 16, twelve ounce steaks.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:25 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:47 pm
I went to the store tonight. Did a quick survey of the beef.
Best deal for the guy that wants to cut his own steaks was Beef Loin primal at $ 8.79/lbs (12 pounds in weight)
NY Strip steaks (from a loin primal) were $ 16.99/lbs You would save $ 98.40 on your steaks. And you could have 16, twelve ounce steaks.
Around here you need to be careful of the Beef Loins, they are rather dinky on purpose. The farms around here make it so that you need to go to them at (what was once an inflated rate) to get a good piece of steak to do what you are talking about.

The same can be said about pork loins too.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:39 pm

Andrew Torba, founder and owner of Gab has thrown up the red balloon. Calling on everyone to Prep.

A long thread of comments
https://gab.com/a/posts/107918234875378939
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:39 pm
Andrew Torba, founder and owner of Gab has thrown up the red balloon. Calling on everyone to Prep.

That was entertaining reading. I’ve thought & already written about what I think will happen, and have been prepared for years. My kids are mentally prepared too though not their spouses.

The biggest problem this time is that our enemies actually live among us. How can you make a compact with neighbors who have a value system that’s completely opposite yours?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:01 pm

“The ‘60s are back, baby.” - me
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:06 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:55 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:39 pm

That was entertaining reading. I’ve thought & already written about what I think will happen, and have been prepared for years. My kids are mentally prepared too though not their spouses.

The biggest problem this time is that our enemies actually live among us. How can you make a compact with neighbors who have a value system that’s completely opposite yours?
Being in enemy territory is not good.
From all your posts, most your neighbors are enemies and will not negotiate, they will simply demand you do what they want. They will come try to take it from you if things get bad.

The Police in Portland will turn into a gang cartel run by the mayor.
PLATA O PLOMO