Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

C-Mag

Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:06 pm

Wealthy Elites Prepping

We talk about the best boots or the best way to thresh grain here. But that's not what the Wealthy Elite are talking about.
The Event(SHTF)………. question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs.
But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless?
What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader?
The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew.
Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival.
Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers – if that technology could be developed in time.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ingularity
It's odd to me that these people who are presumably leaders and supervisors of humans seem to know nothing of the fundamentals of Leadership or Team Building.......................... more damning yet that they don't see Armed Guards as someone they want to get to know or build a relationship with. Insteand their thoughts are of how we can put a shock collar on them to maintain dicipline.

If this is the case they are fucked.................. they won't have a chance.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Pretty excellent breakdown of trans-humanism in there.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:24 am

LOL

Merchant princes see the writing on the wall. When this house of cards collapses, the new regime is feudal, and shekel-chasing cowards cannot fight.

Best advice to them is to have a small farm out in the countryside. Learn how to develop it. Get to know the neighbors. Come SHTF, forget all the wealth you had in the decadent times and settle down like a human being. In a world of barbarism, trying to cling to more wealth than you can defend through combat or leadership of men is how you get killed early on.

You cannot buy survival. Newsflash.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:26 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:46 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:39 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:37 pm

1. What kind of olive oil are you using (light, virgin, cooking)?

2. What temperature is your burner set at?

The lighter the olive oil, the lower the temperature needs to be. If you want to cook at high heat, then use sesame or coconut oil. With regular olive oil (not virgin), medium-high is probably the highest a stovetop should go, and that's pushing it. I just set it around medium and take my time.
Our stove tends to run a bit hot - especially with cast iron pans. The olive oil is "extra virgin", but who knows whether it actually is.

I've mostly settled on using Canola oil, for lack of options.
3. Extra virgin is not great for cooking in a pan. It's mainly for salads. You can use it for frying, but you need to keep the temperature very low. I am not sure it's suitable for cast iron pans, though, since they get pretty hot on all their own.

4. Canola oil is fucking poison for your heart.

5. Try sesame oil if you like to cook at high heat (or coconut like Okee, but sesame tastes really good in my opinion, especially for chicken).
Ghee (clarified butter) is also good for high temp cooking.
The way I understand the recent position on oils is vegetable oils bad, animal fat and nut oils good.
Never burn your oil or reheat and re-use it. Take a teaspoon of virgin olive oil a day straight from the bottle.
Duck or goose fat is both healthy and bloody tasty.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 am

The only thing about animal fats is that you have to go out of your way to recapture and dispose of it.

For some reason, there really isn't even that much olive oil left when I finish cooking. It gets soaked into the food over time. No worries about my drain.

If I cook with something like duck fat, there will be plenty of fat and grease I have to capture, set aside, wait till it cools and solidifies, and then scrape it into the garbage. That's a lot of extra steps.

I think olive oil is the greatest thing ever, though I admit it doesn't taste as great as the ones you mentioned. Toasted sesame seed oil tastes really good for some dishes, but not generally suitable like olive oil is.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Yeah, every house hold used to have tin on the counter with a lid, and a screen on top to pour oil into. Then re-use the oil.

I had one, I think it got sold at a yard sale. Been looking for another, haven't found one.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:07 pm
Yeah, every house hold used to have tin on the counter with a lid, and a screen on top to pour oil into. Then re-use the oil.

I had one, I think it got sold at a yard sale. Been looking for another, haven't found one.
How would you keep it from going rancid though?

I've used bacon fat to fry my eggs in, and it's delicious. But I wouldn't know how to store it for more than a few minutes.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:27 pm

It's just fat. You store it in a jar. Put a lid on it.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:37 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:25 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:07 pm

How would you keep it from going rancid though?

I've used bacon fat to fry my eggs in, and it's delicious. But I wouldn't know how to store it for more than a few minutes.
Fridge
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:49 pm

Back side of the stove. No time for pussies.

<chews lemon peel>