Is Disney the biggest, whinniest fake liberal company out there?

heydaralon

Re: Is Disney the biggest, whinniest fake liberal company out there?

Post by heydaralon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Hwen made this anti disney thread because he thought that 101 dalmations was a cookbook. He tried suing for false advertising.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
heydaralon wrote:GCF:

Im not sure how mongols have to do with Japan and Chinas penchant for exotic animal potions. I also know about the Opium Wars and dont see what that has to do with it either. Im not 100% sure what connection you are making here, but it seems a bit tenuous.

It reminds me of a Christopher Hitchens argument, to be honest. When he got cornered in a debate (which was often), he would just throw out all these non sequitur historical facts as a smokescreen.
I would agree that Hitchens was flat-out wrong about half the time. The rest of the time was unimpeachable. Are you glad that he is dead?

Why would I be glad he is dead? I didn't agree with him most of the time, but he wasn't a bad person.

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Fife wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:What the French do to ducks is straight up fucking barbaric.

If they ever stop... immediate, total war with France.
You really hid your neo-nazi inclinations for a good long time. Well done.
Jawohl, mein quacker:

Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:What the French do to ducks is straight up fucking barbaric.

If they ever stop... immediate, total war with France.
Not to mention the treatment of veal calves before the EU/EEC put a stop to the worst of their practises.
Come back Wellington all is forgiven.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Yeah I'm wracking my brain as to what the Opium Wars have to do with Rhino horns being sought out in China. Absolutely ridiculous. China has a long history of alchemy and potion making. They were curious about elixirs. I don't know what ingredients were called for in ancient times, but this folk religion predates the British by centuries. I could be wrong about this though. Maybe General Charles Gordon was a taoist who spread that religion in China after he burned down Mulan's Palace. Nice try GrumpyCatFace. You made fun of StA in a very smug manner, but your version of events does not match history or reality.

You can be very persuasive on here dude, and you've come up with compelling arguments many times in the past, but this one doesn't cut any ice. Even the most barbarous Asian bereft of all higher thinking could see right through this weak shit.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:58 am

I wasn't arguing their penchant for potions and witch-doctors. I was responding to the absurd idea that there's something 'genetic' about Asians that makes them less empathetic, and more prone to poison babies (among other traits).

I have to concede the possibility that a sort of 'genetic filtering' has occurred in the population, as a result of anyone that would resist The State being cleared out of the gene pool for 2,000 years.

My point is that the trauma visited on Chinese culture is pretty unimaginable from a western perspective. The 1-child policy resulted in millions of female babies tossed into dumpsters and waterways. Imagine the effect of seeing that on a daily basis, and nobody around you reacting to it.
The Great Leap Forward - millions of friends, family, strangers all starving around you. Killing for food, cannibalism, and the loving state always there to execute any resistance.
The dynasties themselves - absolute rulers over every aspect of life for millennia, interspersed with total civilizational chaos, when one of them was overthrown.
The West appearing off the coast, bombarding the cities, demanding trade of opium. Drug addicts everywhere, theft, more suffering.

These things have effects upon a society - which are greatly magnified by both the number of people there, the utter incompetence and corruption of The State combined with Absolute Power, and the isolation from the rest of the world. Even now, they can barely access the internet, western media, or anything like a balanced view of the outside world.

That's a very powerful combination of factors that contributes to a total lack of regard for human life. Anything to survive and thrive is permissible. That's how you get poisoned baby food.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:03 am

You are straw manning.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:25 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I wasn't arguing their penchant for potions and witch-doctors. I was responding to the absurd idea that there's something 'genetic' about Asians that makes them less empathetic, and more prone to poison babies (among other traits).

I have to concede the possibility that a sort of 'genetic filtering' has occurred in the population, as a result of anyone that would resist The State being cleared out of the gene pool for 2,000 years.

My point is that the trauma visited on Chinese culture is pretty unimaginable from a western perspective. The 1-child policy resulted in millions of female babies tossed into dumpsters and waterways. Imagine the effect of seeing that on a daily basis, and nobody around you reacting to it.
The Great Leap Forward - millions of friends, family, strangers all starving around you. Killing for food, cannibalism, and the loving state always there to execute any resistance.
The dynasties themselves - absolute rulers over every aspect of life for millennia, interspersed with total civilizational chaos, when one of them was overthrown.
The West appearing off the coast, bombarding the cities, demanding trade of opium. Drug addicts everywhere, theft, more suffering.

These things have effects upon a society - which are greatly magnified by both the number of people there, the utter incompetence and corruption of The State combined with Absolute Power, and the isolation from the rest of the world. Even now, they can barely access the internet, western media, or anything like a balanced view of the outside world.

That's a very powerful combination of factors that contributes to a total lack of regard for human life. Anything to survive and thrive is permissible. That's how you get poisoned baby food.
Fair enough. I read a book about the Great Leap Forward and I think it is the most fucked up event in history that no one in the west knows anything about. Low estimate is 38 mil but it was probably at least 45. As far as genetics causing culture, I have read some stuff by EO Wilson and I think its a fascinating idea. Sociobiology is controversial, but I think Speaker may be onto something, though I cant claim to be an expert one way or the other. If he is right, it would explain a lot though. Personally, I think there might be something to it. But I am not educated enough on genetics or biology to weigh in.
Shikata ga nai

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:33 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I wasn't arguing their penchant for potions and witch-doctors. I was responding to the absurd idea that there's something 'genetic' about Asians that makes them less empathetic, and more prone to poison babies (among other traits).

Doesn't Hong Kong still have/had a very similar mindset? Korea also?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:

Doesn't Hong Kong still have/had a very similar mindset? Korea also?
I honestly don't know. Asian countries in general seem to favor absolute rulers though, which I imagine is a defensive response to danger. And they've had plenty of that.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0