Is Disney the biggest, whinniest fake liberal company out there?

Hwen Hoshino

Re: Is Disney the biggest, whinniest fake liberal company out there?

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:The identity politics nonsense is happening in every movie company. It's not a Disney thing. James Bond is black now, Rocky is black, everybody in media is forced to look "diverse" or listen to SJW autistic screeches.

Disney is a better media company than any other, and that's not going to change.
Idris Elba is Bond? That was announced? Didn't this press yelling about diversity just 4 years ago? You make it sound like it goes back to ancient Athens or something. Creed was a perfectly smooth transition. Not everybody in media is forced to do that. We got kuturkampf Bannon in the white house on top of Clint Eastwood being the most accomplished non IP using filmmaker recently. Disney could still be a big money maker but they might be forced to get less political long term.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:20 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote: Disney could still be a big money maker but they might be forced to get less political long term.
Wtf LOL

The Walt Disney Company/Revenue
52.46 billion USD
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:31 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: Disney could still be a big money maker but they might be forced to get less political long term.
Wtf LOL

52.46 billion USD
And how much does their political horseshsit contributes to that so they should keep it?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:39 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Wtf LOL

52.46 billion USD
And how much does their political horseshsit contributes to that so they should keep it?
I want you to take a deep breath, and make sure that you're not numb on one side.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:43 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Wtf LOL

52.46 billion USD
I want you to take a deep breath, and make sure that you're not numb on one side.
That's a very criptic answer that hardly counts as an argument.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:09 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: And how much does their political horseshsit contributes to that so they should keep it?
First, you didn't form a sentence, so I implied that you were stroking out.

Second, I think you're trying to imply that Disney is a mega-corp because of social justice nonsense, which is ridiculous.

Third, how exactly do you propose to extrapolate the "social justice premium" of having black/female leads in their movies?

Fourth, take a deep breath. This is every media corporation in the world now, not just Disney.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:58 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Second, I think you're trying to imply that Disney is a mega-corp because of social justice nonsense, which is ridiculous.

Third, how exactly do you propose to extrapolate the "social justice premium" of having black/female leads in their movies?

Fourth, take a deep breath. This is every media corporation in the world now, not just Disney.
2. No i am not. Where did you get that idea from?

3. I don't think it's a premium i think it's a minus for them.

4. Hell no, rumored objectivist Zack Snyder was on charge of the DC Warner movies, American Sniper made half billion very recently,...I could go on.
Give me the source every media company not just in the US, but the friggin world is spouting SJ nonsense. I am waiting.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: That's a very criptic answer that hardly counts as an argument.

4. Hell no, rumored objectivist Zack Snyder was on charge of the DC Warner movies, American Sniper made half billion very recently,...I could go on.
Give me the source every media company not just in the US, but the friggin world is spouting SJ nonsense. I am waiting.
There aren't any relevant media companies outside of the US, except perhaps the BBC, and they've been completely 'diverse' since inception.

American Sniper was a flop, and with good reason. it's a bullshit fairy-tale about a soldier, and people are pretty sick of war right now. DC is flailing pathetically to make a coherent movie, as Marvel (Disney) runs away with all the cookies.

I have no idea what point you're even trying to make, but you're pretty damned far out to left field right now..

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:07 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

There aren't any relevant media companies outside of the US, except perhaps the BBC, and they've been completely 'diverse' since inception.

American Sniper was a flop, and with good reason. it's a bullshit fairy-tale about a soldier, and people are pretty sick of war right now. DC is flailing pathetically to make a coherent movie, as Marvel (Disney) runs away with all the cookies.

I have no idea what point you're even trying to make, but you're pretty damned far out to left field right now..
There are no relevant media outside of the US? What the fuck are you talking about? These trailers look relevant to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOEg_YZQsTI&t=32s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec7LY8dLYSc

How is a movie on that scale a fucking flop if it made half a billion?

I don't give a fuck about fields or having acceptable or not acceptable opinions.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:11 pm

You're right. Bollywood exists and is a thing. :roll:

Apparently they made American sniper for around $60 million, so you're right there too. Not quite a flop.

However by comparison, a "blockbuster" is now in the billion range.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace