Is Disney the biggest, whinniest fake liberal company out there?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Is Disney the biggest, whinniest fake liberal company out there?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:48 am

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:14 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
atanamis wrote:I would absolutely need for you to bring some evidence to bear to support your premise before I'm even willing to apply any critical thought to it. At the very least I would need you to define the standards by which you measure what makes a company "bigger" or "whinier" as a company, and what criteria are needed to be categorized as a "fake liberal" company. Disney is a huge company, which might help with the "biggest" part, not sure what your criterial for "whiny" is, or what you mean by "fake liberal" though.
Fake liberal because they practice bs double standard when they choose who is enlightened. Look at what ESPN does. They got upset with a guy for comparing ISIS to the Nazis. What makes a company big? Look at their movie profits, they also own ESPN etc...

Whiny:Why is ESPN obsessed wit politics when the players are well paid? Why do we have the Star Wars identity politics nonsense?
Hollup... You think Disney is calling down the SJWs on themselves with fake controversy over Star Wars casting?
Or are you just pissed that there's a black stormtrooper?
That was a fake bs controversy based on a couple of fucking youtube comments. Why should the press react? Also Temuera Morrison is a Maori.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:22 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: Fake liberal because they practice bs double standard when they choose who is enlightened. Look at what ESPN does. They got upset with a guy for comparing ISIS to the Nazis. What makes a company big? Look at their movie profits, they also own ESPN etc...

Whiny:Why is ESPN obsessed wit politics when the players are well paid? Why do we have the Star Wars identity politics nonsense?
Hollup... You think Disney is calling down the SJWs on themselves with fake controversy over Star Wars casting?
Or are you just pissed that there's a black stormtrooper?
That was a fake bs controversy based on a couple of fucking youtube comments. Why should the press react? Also Temuera Morrison is a Maori.
Then what, exactly, is the "Star Wars identity politics nonsense"?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

atanamis

Post by atanamis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:26 pm

So your case that Disney is the biggest, whiniest, fake liberal company is because some entertainment news jockey made fun of your favorite physical freak? You understand that the point of things like ESPN is to play the role of a WWE announcer and create bogus soap opera stories to maintain the interest of the fan base, right? ESPN will say literally anything they need to in order to create controversy because that gets them viewers. I have no idea whether Disney is whiny or fake liberal. I will grant you that they are a big company though, but that's because they are the 26th highest capitalization company on the Dow rather than because "Look at their movie profits, they also own ESPN". I don't have a clue what your point is with regard to Star Wars. The movies they've made might not have been iconic, but they have been vastly better than the crap Lucasfilm was shoveling out. At this point I am getting the impression that you are some knucklehead sports fan who thinks that his sports hero being made fun of is the worst thing in the world...

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Nah, ESPN really is AIDS.

The social justice ideology that Disney has pushed lately is really beyond the pale. I don't think that can be doubted. It's understandable if you know the corporate makeup going back several decades, however.

In any case, I have come to suspect we need to separate our channels again. Let there be separate female and male sports channels.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:12 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: Then what, exactly, is the "Star Wars identity politics nonsense"?
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... urposeful/

http://heatst.com/entertainment/lucasfi ... wars-fans/

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/j ... -and-wrong
atanamis wrote:So your case that Disney is the biggest, whiniest, fake liberal company is because some entertainment news jockey made fun of your favorite physical freak? You understand that the point of things like ESPN is to play the role of a WWE announcer and create bogus soap opera stories to maintain the interest of the fan base, right? ESPN will say literally anything they need to in order to create controversy because that gets them viewers. I have no idea whether Disney is whiny or fake liberal. I will grant you that they are a big company though, but that's because they are the 26th highest capitalization company on the Dow rather than because "Look at their movie profits, they also own ESPN". I don't have a clue what your point is with regard to Star Wars. The movies they've made might not have been iconic, but they have been vastly better than the crap Lucasfilm was shoveling out. At this point I am getting the impression that you are some knucklehead sports fan who thinks that his sports hero being made fun of is the worst thing in the world...
How did the politicking benefit the ESPN brand recently considering they lost half million subscribers in a single month. They historically did not combine their WWE bs with authoritarian left wing politics. Sports Heroes don't exist for me. I don't think the current level of politicization by the major media is healthy for any sport. Star Wars is going to be bland. The old EU was awesome.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:39 am

I fuckin' love Disney, everything they touch turns to gold, shake your moneymaker, Disney, baby, oh yeah!

Remember when Disney was $32 and we thought that was "great"? lol. We love you, Disney!

I love DIS as much as I love the likes of AAPL, COST and LMT, they're in my 1000% club.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:11 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I fuckin' love Disney, everything they touch turns to gold, shake your moneymaker, Disney, baby, oh yeah!

Remember when Disney was $32 and we thought that was "great"? lol. We love you, Disney!

I love DIS as much as I love the likes of AAPL, COST and LMT, they're in my 1000% club.
Okay, what does that have to do with the topic?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:14 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I fuckin' love Disney, everything they touch turns to gold, shake your moneymaker, Disney, baby, oh yeah!

Okay, what does that have to do with the topic?
What topic? Everything after "Disney" I didn't even read, tl;dc
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 am

The identity politics nonsense is happening in every movie company. It's not a Disney thing. James Bond is black now, Rocky is black, everybody in media is forced to look "diverse" or listen to SJW autistic screeches.

Disney is a better media company than any other, and that's not going to change.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace