Software Development

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Software Development

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Software engineering in embedded systems (mostly wireless telecommunications).

Side project: building an expert system shell that integrates with neural networks (mostly to use adaptive filters and ANNs in place of certainty factor equations).

Flame war: Java is superior to Lisp (Now Hash will cut his vacation short).
I'd be interested in hear more about the software you've worked on for embedded systems, as well as that side project... Sound interesting!
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Work: SQL developer/Crystal Reports writer/Query & Table optimization/Server backup, security, migration
I have a love/hate relationship with Crystal Reports...

I once received a parking ticket in the mail, that I had written the crystal report for...

Some stuff I can't discuss much, but the other stuff was mainly base radio and packet data routing / load balancing stuff.

The side project is just a synthesis of two branches of AI. The main reason for the toolset would be expert systems for market trading, where you need to be able to train the certainty factors for rules contingent upon other factors and context instead of a straight CF equation.
Are you building a new high-frequency trading (HFT) system, or just an interface for traders to use?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:46 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:
I'd be interested in hear more about the software you've worked on for embedded systems, as well as that side project... Sound interesting!

I have a love/hate relationship with Crystal Reports...

I once received a parking ticket in the mail, that I had written the crystal report for...

Some stuff I can't discuss much, but the other stuff was mainly base radio and packet data routing / load balancing stuff.

The side project is just a synthesis of two branches of AI. The main reason for the toolset would be expert systems for market trading, where you need to be able to train the certainty factors for rules contingent upon other factors and context instead of a straight CF equation.
Are you building a new high-frequency trading (HFT) system, or just an interface for traders to use?

I need to build the expert system shell first. But it won't be HFT, but rather, swing trading.

You will be able to use the shell to build an HFT expert system, but you need the resources to get that kind of market access in the first place.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:48 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I need to build the expert system shell first. But it won't be HFT, but rather, swing trading.
Yeah, HFT has been a losers game for quite a few years..
But while that multitude of data is being transferred from exchange to exchange and then onto a trader’s computer, high-frequency and other traders can access prices a split second faster through direct feeds.

This practice is known as collocation, and it’s employed by nearly every exchange in the U.S. For a fee, trading firms are allowed to place their trading computers in the same data centers that house an exchange’s computer servers. With sophisticated models built into these trading computers and little oversight on the exchange itself, the computers are almost guaranteed to be the first on any order should they choose to act on.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:03 am

I've personally written well over a million lines, in 20 languages (counting assembler), for 10 operating systems, sometimes the first one ever to write a new concept, but I will never write another line of code. I literally burned out & went nuts for a while.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 am

Martin Hash wrote:I've personally written well over a million lines, in 20 languages (counting assembler), for 10 operating systems, sometimes the first one ever to write a new concept, but I will never write another line of code. I literally burned out & went nuts for a while.

LOL

You can't undo the effects of that kind of education and training on your brain. It rewires everything.