Would You Choose More Money or Less Hours?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Would You Choose More Money or Less Hours?

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 am

How does an inheritance tax disincentivize investment in pet tech projects like rockets. How else are you going to spend all your lucre and build something lasting before you die and mean old Uncle Sam takes it. If anything, it seems like it would create an incentive for such projects.

edit: clunky and confusing grammar
Last edited by Hanarchy Montanarchy on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:48 am

Martin Hash wrote:Hey, you already support an aristocracy.

The cognitive dissonance is: people want an aristocracy but then complain about it. Okay, that's what we got now, stop complaining.
I'm not complaining, the only thing I complain about is the centrally planned public sector unionized nanny police state, other than that, everything's hunky dory, God save the Queen.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:34 am

This tread has been enlightening: there is some level of support for an aristocracy from The Left & The Right, one of the things both sides agree on.

I guess the mythos of a Classless society is just that, rhetoric that few people actually believe. But my indoctrination holds fast, and the Hash Plan will still include it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:49 am

I think I might be confused about part of the Hash Plan.

Can someone take all of their capital and put it back into whatever business they own, but not leave that asset, wholesale, to their kids if it is worth more than whatever the gift cap is set at?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:20 am

You don't rid yourself of an aristocracy by this sort of Marxist-Leninist centrally planned confiscation to a classes utopia, a new aristoracy immediately forms, of senior party members and their progeny, who are expoentially more powerful than the likes of Wills and Kate and Harry, and the Presidium doesn't believe in noblesse oblige, American Commies.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:35 am

Well, there is always the old tried and true method of dealing with an aristocracy...

:violence-axechase:
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:36 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I think I might be confused about part of the Hash Plan.

Can someone take all of their capital and put it back into whatever business they own, but not leave that asset, wholesale, to their kids if it is worth more than whatever the gift cap is set at?
A corporation would have to divide its stock among multiple beneficiaries depending on its valuation at death.

You people are aware that there's a 55% Inheritance Tax now on the value over the exclusion ($5 million+). I'm proposing that would be 100% BUT it can all be gifted by the donor, something not allowed now.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:38 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Well, there is always the old tried and true method of dealing with an aristocracy...

:violence-axechase:
Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte put the lie to that myth as well.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:42 am

What? Getting poisoned while imprisoned on an island doesn't count?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:52 am

Since the Hash Plan leaves me with my dick and my imagination (the sum total of my current assets), sign me up!
HAIL!

-Hwen