Would You Choose More Money or Less Hours?

Martin Hash

Would You Choose More Money or Less Hours?

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:52 pm

Progress is measured by increased productivity. Increased productivity can result in higher incomes OR fewer work hours. Which would you pick?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Would You Choose More Money or Less Hours?

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:57 pm

Fewer hours, no contest. Free time is so much more valuable than money, since we all carry an expiration date.

Shit, this probably explains why I am not rich.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:01 pm

Depends how much more money.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:03 pm

I dont get it? People already have that choice for the most part.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:18 pm

clubgop wrote:I dont get it? People already have that choice for the most part.
At the top 20% maybe, but most people have to do their 40 to make the mortgage & utilities, and raising a family is 2 full-time jobs. Productivity would have to be much greater than it is today for those folks to have the basics and still only work part-time. The Top 20 can choose between a closet stuffed with designer clothes & working half-time, but the next 20% down can't.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:24 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
At the top 20% maybe, but most people have to do their 40 to make the mortgage & utilities, and raising a family is 2 full-time jobs. Productivity would have to be much greater than it is today for those folks to have the basics and still only work part-time. The Top 20 can choose between a closet stuffed with designer clothes & working half-time, but the next 20% down can't.
Well they can but the consequences are dire. Nonetheless they still have the choice. Look at the top 20%, who works just 40 hours? I dont know anybody, even mildly succesfull that works 40 hours a week. 60 to 80 at a minimum.
Last edited by clubgop on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:25 pm

It would depend on my current phase of life. Right now, money is more important.
:royalty-queen:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

clubgop wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Well they can but the consequences are dire.
Yeah, this.

p.s. I agree that the top 5% work way more than 40 (I worked every minute I was awake back in the day), but they are looking for more than money.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: At the top 20% maybe, but most people have to do their 40 to make the mortgage & utilities, and raising a family is 2 full-time jobs. Productivity would have to be much greater than it is today for those folks to have the basics and still only work part-time. The Top 20 can choose between a closet stuffed with designer clothes & working half-time, but the next 20% down can't.
Well they can but the consequences are dire.
Yeah, this.

p.s. I agree that the top 5% work way more than 40 (I worked every minute I was awake back in the day), but they are looking for more than money.
True enough.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:42 pm

MilSpecs wrote:It would depend on my current phase of life. Right now, money is more important.
This should be your choice, which is why I'm adamantly against Basic Income/National Dividend, but if productivity increased dramatically, the Basic Incomers would only HAVE to work a few hours a week then they could surf, smoke dope, whatever.