Socially liberal Trump = No subversive liberal art against him

Ex-California

Re: Socially liberal Trump = No subversive liberal art against him

Post by Ex-California » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:48 pm

Dand wrote:
Cid wrote:I mean, Pence. It doesn't take a lot to spook gays, but gay conversion therapy is one of the easier ways to do it I'd imagine.

Also president-elect Trump would call socially liberal Trump a liar even when confronted with the video, so that doesn't help things either.

Also he said they're going to have to look into Roe V Wade, because we need that to keep things calm.

Edit: Actually, just curious since he has won now and its over, what propagandists?
That's Pence, not Trump. And Pence never said he supported gay conversion therapy. Even Politifact has updated their article on this claim (http://www.politifact.com/california/st ... tled-matt/). In my opinion, the language is very open to interpretation. It's unclear and that is a problem but he doesn't say "conversion therapy" and "abstinence" and "condoms" are both saner options. He certainly did not try to take money from AIDS medicine and put it towards conversion therapy, and that was exactly how some MSM reported.

I do think Pence dislikes homosexuality but Trump doesn't seem to care at all about sexual issues.

By "propagandists" I mean the media that was blatantly in-the-bag for Hillary all election. Outlets like CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, NYT, etc.

Having media that scrutinizes the president is fantastic though. I expect that most of what they publish will be nitpicking or nearly fabricated but if Trump does corrupt or illegal things I will welcome it being uncovered. No administration should be able to get away with illegal activity and unfortunately the media were apologists for Obama but even if they now will be scrutinizing for the wrong reasons it is still an improvement. The past month has been tons of whining with no scandals or illegal activity and I hope it will continue this way for 8 years.
Having a media that scrutinizes the president is fantastic if they are not so blatantly on the globalist establishment side. Everything you said in your last paragraph makes sense, but aren't you worried about their agenda and the power they possess with their fabricated stories?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:54 pm

But half of us know it when we hear it.

Twice in the last two days I turned on the radio in the car. Both times, "fake news."

Turned it back off.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:54 am

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:
I, for one, am happy that SNL and the WH are about to have an adverse relationship again.
Oh, me too! But I don't recall Bush, Jr. even complaining about Truthiness. They generally stay away from commenting about liberal art that focuses on POTUS. Because, well, freedom to pick on power is one of the best things about Amendment I, no?
Wold you still feel the same if you owned Sony stocks assuming that they are a publicly traded company.
Dand wrote:Of course, they will just lie like they did all election. Trump is not anti-gay at all but propagandists have portrayed him that way consistently.
My question was is the lie going to work?
Cid wrote: Also president-elect Trump would call socially liberal Trump a liar even when confronted with the video, so that doesn't help things either.
So he gets treated like Bill Clinton was and not how Republicans are treated?

Cid

Post by Cid » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:47 am

Dand wrote: That's Pence, not Trump. And Pence never said he supported gay conversion therapy. Even Politifact has updated their article on this claim (http://www.politifact.com/california/st ... tled-matt/). In my opinion, the language is very open to interpretation. It's unclear and that is a problem but he doesn't say "conversion therapy" and "abstinence" and "condoms" are both saner options. He certainly did not try to take money from AIDS medicine and put it towards conversion therapy, and that was exactly how some MSM reported.

I do think Pence dislikes homosexuality but Trump doesn't seem to care at all about sexual issues.

By "propagandists" I mean the media that was blatantly in-the-bag for Hillary all election. Outlets like CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, NYT, etc.

Having media that scrutinizes the president is fantastic though. I expect that most of what they publish will be nitpicking or nearly fabricated but if Trump does corrupt or illegal things I will welcome it being uncovered. No administration should be able to get away with illegal activity and unfortunately the media were apologists for Obama but even if they now will be scrutinizing for the wrong reasons it is still an improvement. The past month has been tons of whining with no scandals or illegal activity and I hope it will continue this way for 8 years.
Yeah I read that, politifact amended their rating they didn't retract it, and the Times had a piece giving a pretty full picture,

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/us/po ... .html?_r=0

But sure, that's Pence.

Everyone of the outlets you mentioned extensively covered the Clinton scandals including the non-scandals about her health.

So I'm sorry, but if that is propaganda then there are no real facts and we're just pissing in the wind here. Obama has been scrutinized over drones, spying, and tons of other crap, but since that's shit only liberals care about it might as well have not existed. If the media wasn't covering the birth certificate for four years then they were apparently in the bag for him.

I'll say I kinda enjoy that the media helped burn itself to the ground by one outlet trying to claim superiority over other outlets. But there was a good reason for the Reagan rule for republicans and there was a good reason media outlets didn't actively shit on each other, cause you're going to get caught in the shit storm if you do it. Now Joe Bumfuck has a blog where he can link to insane crazy's crazy insane cousin and play it like he's an outsider in on the real dope.

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:58 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
Dand wrote:
Cid wrote:I mean, Pence. It doesn't take a lot to spook gays, but gay conversion therapy is one of the easier ways to do it I'd imagine.

Also president-elect Trump would call socially liberal Trump a liar even when confronted with the video, so that doesn't help things either.

Also he said they're going to have to look into Roe V Wade, because we need that to keep things calm.

Edit: Actually, just curious since he has won now and its over, what propagandists?
That's Pence, not Trump. And Pence never said he supported gay conversion therapy. Even Politifact has updated their article on this claim (http://www.politifact.com/california/st ... tled-matt/). In my opinion, the language is very open to interpretation. It's unclear and that is a problem but he doesn't say "conversion therapy" and "abstinence" and "condoms" are both saner options. He certainly did not try to take money from AIDS medicine and put it towards conversion therapy, and that was exactly how some MSM reported.

Having a media that scrutinizes the president is fantastic if they are not so blatantly on the globalist establishment side. Everything you said in your last paragraph makes sense, but aren't you worried about their agenda and the power they possess with their fabricated stories?
Yes I am worried but after the election I'm feeling more optimistic that the media's brainwashing might not be as effective as I feared. Trump will also take power soon and he may be able to change things. He could probably keep the most biased reporters from having access to his briefings, not take their questions, and punish the papers that lie about him by feeding all of his administration's scoops to the competing papers/channels. I'm hoping things will change next year.

Cid

Post by Cid » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:00 am

Which papers were lying? Care to link?

Edit: Also, punishing papers! I can't tell if you're trolling the liberals that think he's the apocalypse or think going after the press, when the internet exists, is a noble goal.

Edit2: Also, hopey changey! Never seen that before.

Edit3: Hey when the blues get the presidency back and we have a precedent for going after papers, how long do you think forums like this are going to last? Not saying that it is super ironic that the wrongthinkers think going after papers is a grrreat idea in a duopoly, but no that's exactly what I am saying.

Edit4: Also I've no fucking idea if I'm using "wrongthinkers" accurately and much like people who use that with a straight face I don't really care.
Last edited by Cid on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:16 am

Cid wrote:Which papers were lying? Care to link?

Edit: Also, punishing papers! I can't tell if you're trolling the liberals that think he's the apocalypse or think going after the press, when the internet exists, is a noble goal.

I'm not trying to find lies right now, just saying they are biased.

Obama does exactly what I'm predicting Trump could do. He gives interviews and appearances to people that he likes, people that view him favorably. He asks questions from reporters that are "on the same page" as he is. I'm not saying Trump will shut papers down by force but he can punish them.
Edit2: Also, hopey changey! Never seen that before
That's the joke ;)

Cid

Post by Cid » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:22 am

He went on Bill O'Reiley. He never took press credentials from anyone! The major media outlet that literally trolled him about whether he was a real citizen had access to the president!

I'm going to tell you that takes balls, and if you think a strong man kicks people out that do that shit, then you're just pissing on American badasses and being a little millenial beta that can't face their detractors, much less trolls.

Its not really a joke. If its a joke then you're siding with all the people that think he's all bluster and no bite. Which is fine but it seems to be contradictory.

Cid

Post by Cid » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:54 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Cid wrote: Also president-elect Trump would call socially liberal Trump a liar even when confronted with the video, so that doesn't help things either.
So he gets treated like Bill Clinton was and not how Republicans are treated?
Didn't see your response, also I'm missing assumptions about Republicans and Bill Clinton that make your reply decipherable. That was just a quip based on the proclivity of the president elect to make statements that are likely to be completely disavowed at a later date by him. Still, just proves he's way smarter than John Kerry. That poor son of a bitch not only has a face like a plank of driftwood, but could have just responded to flip-flopping with "I never said that." Not sure his North Eastern accent quite matches up though, maybe its the whole presentation that works for President Trump.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:07 am

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote:
I, for one, am happy that SNL and the WH are about to have an adverse relationship again.
Oh, me too! But I don't recall Bush, Jr. even complaining about Truthiness. They generally stay away from commenting about liberal art that focuses on POTUS. Because, well, freedom to pick on power is one of the best things about Amendment I, no?
I'd certainly hesitate to claim that that's the reason they shy away from SNL parodies. That's not how you deal with being bullied. Striking back, or even acknowledging its existence would be a sure way to get mocked relentlessly for the rest of the presidency.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0