Socially liberal Trump = No subversive liberal art against him

Hwen Hoshino

Socially liberal Trump = No subversive liberal art against him

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:08 pm

If Trump will be known as a socially liberal president does liberal art even have a point of attack?

Dand

Re: Socially liberal Trump = No subversive liberal art against him

Post by Dand » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Of course, they will just lie like they did all election. Trump is not anti-gay at all but propagandists have portrayed him that way consistently.

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 pm

I mean, Pence. It doesn't take a lot to spook gays, but gay conversion therapy is one of the easier ways to do it I'd imagine.

Also president-elect Trump would call socially liberal Trump a liar even when confronted with the video, so that doesn't help things either.

Also he said they're going to have to look into Roe V Wade, because we need that to keep things calm.

Edit: Actually, just curious since he has won now and its over, what propagandists?

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:If Trump will be known as a socially liberal president does liberal art even have a point of attack?
Define "liberal art."

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:23 pm

I was wondering, I thought he meant liberal arts, but that didn't scan. I'm guessing it was meant as "no subversive, liberal, art against him."

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Trump's already pissed at SNL because they portray him as a caricature. :roll: Because, SNL has never done that, except with every president since season 1, Chevy Chase doing Ford...

President Butt Hurt is going to complain at Twitter about every single thing... including all the political cartoons.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Kath wrote:Trump's already pissed at SNL because they portray him as a caricature. :roll: Because, SNL has never done that, except with every president since season 1, Chevy Chase doing Ford...

President Butt Hurt is going to complain at Twitter about every single thing... including all the political cartoons.
I, for one, am happy that SNL and the WH are about to have an adverse relationship again.

The WH is a rather known quantity. What about you, SNL, you got anything left?

Dand

Post by Dand » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Cid wrote:I mean, Pence. It doesn't take a lot to spook gays, but gay conversion therapy is one of the easier ways to do it I'd imagine.

Also president-elect Trump would call socially liberal Trump a liar even when confronted with the video, so that doesn't help things either.

Also he said they're going to have to look into Roe V Wade, because we need that to keep things calm.

Edit: Actually, just curious since he has won now and its over, what propagandists?
That's Pence, not Trump. And Pence never said he supported gay conversion therapy. Even Politifact has updated their article on this claim (http://www.politifact.com/california/st ... tled-matt/). In my opinion, the language is very open to interpretation. It's unclear and that is a problem but he doesn't say "conversion therapy" and "abstinence" and "condoms" are both saner options. He certainly did not try to take money from AIDS medicine and put it towards conversion therapy, and that was exactly how some MSM reported.

I do think Pence dislikes homosexuality but Trump doesn't seem to care at all about sexual issues.

By "propagandists" I mean the media that was blatantly in-the-bag for Hillary all election. Outlets like CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, NYT, etc.

Having media that scrutinizes the president is fantastic though. I expect that most of what they publish will be nitpicking or nearly fabricated but if Trump does corrupt or illegal things I will welcome it being uncovered. No administration should be able to get away with illegal activity and unfortunately the media were apologists for Obama but even if they now will be scrutinizing for the wrong reasons it is still an improvement. The past month has been tons of whining with no scandals or illegal activity and I hope it will continue this way for 8 years.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Fife wrote:
I, for one, am happy that SNL and the WH are about to have an adverse relationship again.
Oh, me too! But I don't recall Bush, Jr. even complaining about Truthiness. They generally stay away from commenting about liberal art that focuses on POTUS. Because, well, freedom to pick on power is one of the best things about Amendment I, no?
Account abandoned.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Mike "Taze the Gay Away" Pence.

When Mrs. Pence tapes over the game with her favorite Glee show.