The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Smitty-48

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Bought myself a new knife, couldn't resist, it was 60% off, Schrade SCHF10, drop point full tang fixed, in tactical black, mircata handle, tell you right now, if you're looking for a nice knife for the money, this is your knife, I'm seriously impressed with this product, considering how inexpensive it was.

General purpose woodsman's survival knife, but it's got some heft to it, you could use this mofo for tactical applications, no doubt.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:37 pm

I had a Schrade that looked a lot like this. Lost it partying one night. It was a good knife.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:39 pm

I'm looking at getting a Remington 783. Nice cheap rifle. Had fun with it today.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:49 pm

This is the one here...

... came with a crappy sheath, but I bought a kydex sheath for it, the sheath cost more than the knife, but whatever, the guy had the kydex sheath to go with it, so I said what the heck.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:55 pm

This is the knife I carry these days.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Bought myself a new knife, couldn't resist, it was 60% off, Schrade SCHF10, drop point full tang fixed, in tactical black, mircata handle, tell you right now, if you're looking for a nice knife for the money, this is your knife, I'm seriously impressed with this product, considering how inexpensive it was.

General purpose woodsman's survival knife, but it's got some heft to it, you could use this mofo for tactical applications, no doubt.
The new Chinee Schrades are decent as far as Chinee stuff goes. I still love every single one of my old school U.S. Schrades.

I bet you might enjoy the history of Schrade USA, d.2004. http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/ ... ticles.htm

I think you might really like hunting around for the old U.S. made knives. There were some really good one. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... a&_sacat=0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:This is the knife I carry these days.

Yeah, Zero Tolerance, nice knife, but I went with this Shrade for the money, I looked at the ZT's too, but I actually liked this Schrade better, and the ZT was ten times the price.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:09 pm

Fife wrote:The new Chinee Schrades are decent as far as Chinee stuff goes. I still love every single one of my old school U.S. Schrades.
The guy said it was Made in Taiwan, so at least it ain't a Commie knife, but it's pretty damn nice for the money, it's a little hefty, but I actually like that, I like the feel of it, and I was chopping shit up in the back forty, and it's definitely keeping its edge. Like I said, it's a very nice product, when you factor in the price, it was only $25, and that's Canadian, so only $17.50 USD.

I'm not one to spend $250 on a combat and survival knife, combat and survival knife, to me, is not a collectors item, it should be expendable downrange as neccesary, I don't want to feel like babying it because I dropped money on it, I'll save the money for the single malt and ceegars.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:24 pm

My three dollar Walmart lock blade is holding up amazingly. A full year and a thousand tins later and there isn't so much as a wiggle in it. I'm really impressed. Not even being sarcastic. I said so a year ago when I bought it for three bucks because what the hell.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:27 pm

I don't think price is the deciding factor when it comes to knives snapping on you anyways, I've seen some plenty expensive knives snap like twigs in the field, but tell you right now, this knife is stout, I seriously doubt I could break it if I tried.
Nec Aspera Terrent