The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Okeefenokee

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:17 pm

New addition,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:17 pm
New addition,

Wish I could buy that in CA :(

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:27 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:21 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:17 pm
New addition,

Wish I could buy that in CA :(
You can't buy a pistol?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
You can't buy a pistol?

I thought this was common knowledge about CA, (but I guess not, why would it be?) Anyway, In CA, you can't buy a pistol that's not on the official roster. And unless the pistol microstamps the casing in two places, both on the firing pin and on the side, (which is impossible) it can't go on the roster. So we haven't had any new pistol designs in 5 years. I should say, that we can buy older models, just not the updated designs.

I was really excited because there was a challenge that made it to the state supreme court a couple of months ago, but it got tossed out. 2 more years and I'm out this dumpster fire.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 pm

https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns

Here's the list, which is getting smaller.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:55 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:42 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
You can't buy a pistol?

I thought this was common knowledge about CA, (but I guess not, why would it be?) Anyway, In CA, you can't buy a pistol that's not on the official roster. And unless the pistol microstamps the casing in two places, both on the firing pin and on the side, (which is impossible) it can't go on the roster. So we haven't had any new pistol designs in 5 years. I should say, that we can buy older models, just not the updated designs.

I was really excited because there was a challenge that made it to the state supreme court a couple of months ago, but it got tossed out. 2 more years and I'm out this dumpster fire.
I read about efforts to register ammo, but I didn't know Cali went forward with their own version. Wild.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
I read about efforts to register ammo, but I didn't know Cali went forward with their own version. Wild.

Law went into effect in 2013. Revolvers are exempt so those are the only new guns that get added to the roster. Go into a gun store, the pistol area is more and more feeling like time travel.

I believe law enforcement is exempt and they can still do private transfers. But from what I hear, there is a hefty markup and it doesn't matter since I don't really know any cops.

I wanted to try out the mk iv, but no dice for doc_lol!

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:56 pm

On a happier note. I acquired these fellas here.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Very nice.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:19 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:42 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
You can't buy a pistol?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breath in*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kys cuckfornia