The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

doc_loliday

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: Walking around in fucked up shoes all our lives actually causes a lot of our physical ailments. It's almost worthy of a whole new thread to discuss this type of shit. You only read about the fitness shit I do, but that's only half, with with the other half mostly rehab, prehab, and relearning how to move while fixing all the fucked up shit that developed.

Our feet are basically dead to the world. We've been walking around in shoes with heels, narrow toe boxes, and a shit ton of material between the feet and the surface we walk on. You are supposed to be able to feel the shit in your feet when you walk.

I wonder if that would help my feet. But walking barefoot, especially standing barefoot leads to pain pretty quick for me. You think it's something I could get over if I did it enough?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:29 pm

You probably can't just transition directly into that full-time, though, because your feet are most likely fucked up. You have to rehabilitate your feet and transition to natural footware.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:29 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: Walking around in fucked up shoes all our lives actually causes a lot of our physical ailments. It's almost worthy of a whole new thread to discuss this type of shit. You only read about the fitness shit I do, but that's only half, with with the other half mostly rehab, prehab, and relearning how to move while fixing all the fucked up shit that developed.

Our feet are basically dead to the world. We've been walking around in shoes with heels, narrow toe boxes, and a shit ton of material between the feet and the surface we walk on. You are supposed to be able to feel the shit in your feet when you walk.

I wonder if that would help my feet. But walking barefoot, especially standing barefoot leads to pain pretty quick for me. You think it's something I could get over if I did it enough?
I know!

That's the problem. Your feet are fucked up from walking around clown shoes your entire life.

The solution is not more shoe additions to "correct" for what's causing the pain. You have to fix this issue. It probably translates into bad posture and could result in pain anywhere along your spine and in your hips.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:32 pm

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Just dont get toe shoes.

I suppose converses are fairly natural.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

You probably can't just transition directly into that full-time, though, because your feet are most likely fucked up. You have to rehabilitate your feet and transition to natural footware.
See, these actually look ok too. A (different) bro in law was wearing those feet shoes for a while. He looked ridiculous.

Reminded me of that scene in Silicon Valley.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:33 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Just dont get toe shoes.

I suppose converses are fairly natural.

All stars are probably the most painful thing I've worn.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

See, these actually look ok too. A (different) bro in law was wearing those feet shoes for a while. He looked ridiculous.

Reminded me of that scene in Silicon Valley.

They look ridiculous, and I would not wear them in public, but they are pretty good once you get used to walking like a human again.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:36 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Image

Been sporting these red wings iron rangers for the last year. I really like them.

I'm not sure I could do the bare feet/shoe thing, I kinda got some foot problems that are exacerbated when I don't wear shoes.
I have yet to own a pair of red wing work boots that I liked. I suppose the non work boots look comfy enough. I'm just not a fan of them disappointedly enough. I'm not the boot guru as some people here are who recommend danners and what not but I do recommend Carolinas. Good mid range American boot.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Are those what you wore at bootcamp?