The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

TheReal_ND

Re: The Armory - Guns, Knives, and Axes

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

doc_loliday wrote:What kinda boots yalls wear?

Honestly I really like the ones at Walmart. I forget what they are called but they are a tan/khaki lace up style steel toe. 40 bucks and they are p comfy.

They look just like timbs and when they are new you can even where them out in style.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:11 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:

Honestly I really like the ones at Walmart. I forget what they are called but they are a tan/khaki lace up style steel toe. 40 bucks and they are p comfy.

They look just like timbs and when they are new you can even where them out in style.
You wear cowboy boots at all?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:12 pm

No. Not since I was a kid. Not against them I think they are cool I just never got into them.

I tend to avoid slip on work boots however. I will say that. They end up hurting the top of my heels after a long day.

Thank God I got a job where I can where shorts, a tshirt, a cap and some new balance sneakers now.

Matter of fact my entire wardrobe rn is four pairs of shorts from goodwill, four work tshirts, one non work tshirt, a long john shirt, three pairs of under armor skivvies, a half dozen pairs of black no show socks and a pair of new balance. That's it.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:15 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Belleville-390DE ... 0des&psc=1
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:16 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:No. Not since I was a kid. Not against them I think they are cool I just never got into them.

I tend to avoid slip on work boots however. I will say that. They end up hurting the top of my heels after a long day.

Thank God I got a job where I can where shorts, a tshirt, a cap and some new balance sneakers now.

I think they are cool too, but I can't pull them off around here. Although my bro-in law is a wannabe cowboy, and he rocks them. I had an old boss that had dozens of them, alligator, ostrich, and whatever exotic animal he could find. They were pretty rad.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:19 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:No. Not since I was a kid. Not against them I think they are cool I just never got into them.

I think they are cool too, but I can't pull them off around here. Although my bro-in law is a wannabe cowboy, and he rocks them. I had an old boss that had dozens of them, alligator, ostrich, and whatever exotic animal he could find. They were pretty rad.
I think anyone that owns a pair of jeans can pull off cowboy boots. Especially if they are plain and worn. I just eschew jeans altogether now though. Makes life easier when you live in a van and your job is moving furniture.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:19 pm

I am starting to transition to natural footware or bare feet.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I am starting to transition to natural footware or bare feet.
Get a good pair of leather flip flops. I love mine. They are good for fishing, taking showers at the gym and strolling around on hot days. Not cheap though.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Been sporting these red wings iron rangers for the last year. I really like them.

I'm not sure I could do the bare feet/shoe thing, I kinda got some foot problems that are exacerbated when I don't wear shoes.
Last edited by doc_loliday on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:26 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I am starting to transition to natural footware or bare feet.
Get a good pair of leather flip flops. I love mine. They are good for fishing, taking showers at the gym and strolling around on hot days. Not cheap though.

Flip flops are not natural. Natural doesn't necessarily mean less. It means your foot works closer to the way it was designed to work, and you get more tactile sensation in your feet.

Walking around in fucked up shoes all our lives actually causes a lot of our physical ailments. It's almost worthy of a whole new thread to discuss this type of shit. You only read about the fitness shit I do, but that's only half, with with the other half mostly rehab, prehab, and relearning how to move while fixing all the fucked up shit that developed.

Our feet are basically dead to the world. We've been walking around in shoes with heels, narrow toe boxes, and a shit ton of material between the feet and the surface we walk on. You are supposed to be able to feel the shit in your feet when you walk.