Hastur
5%

Total votes: 20

Hwen Hoshino

Re: Most Racist Person on this Forum

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: To be honest the Norsemen were only trying to improve the quality of life for the Britons. Ever since the bastard Anglo Saxon savages came over and displaced our Celtic ancestors we were stagnating in our own filth and depravity. It wasn't until the Normans came over and liberated us that Britain became great again.
Were depraved compared to the Norman period in what way?
That whooshing sound you just heard...
Care wery little about it. So. Explanation.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:27 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: Were depraved compared to the Norman period in what way?
That whooshing sound you just heard...
Care wery little about it. So. Explanation.
That whooshing sound you heard was the joke going over your head.
The Anglo Saxons gave us many fine things from great art to a rudimentary system of law. It's just that criticising them always gets a reaction from StA.
They were crap at building castles though, which is all that really matters...
Last edited by Montegriffo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:31 pm

The teabag ball-saxons more like.

Normans dropping trow and squatting on their lifeless foreheads.

*boink *boink *boink
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:04 pm

In related news, as a gift to Britain on his upcoming visit French President Macron has offered to lend us the Bayeux tapestry. Made in Canterbury, Kent in the 1070's this will be the first time it has left France in 950 years.
Not sure if he is taking the piss. Maybe in return we could lend to France Turner's painting of the battle of Trafalgar.

or this painting of Hougoumont Farm during the battle of Waterloo by Denis Dighton

or even, ''Morning of the Battle of Agincourt'' by Sir John Gilbert
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:In related news, as a gift to Britain on his upcoming visit French President Macron has offered to lend us the Bayeux tapestry. Made in Canterbury, Kent in the 1070's this will be the first time it has left France in 950 years.
Not sure if he is taking the piss. Maybe in return we could lend to France Turner's painting of the battle of Trafalgar.

or this painting of Hougoumont Farm during the battle of Waterloo by Denis Dighton

Holy shit that thing is awesome. That belongs in de officis' art thread. I have a couple of coffee table art books that you would probably like Monte. I know jack shit about art myself, but I still enjoy leafing through them now and again. Some of my favorite battle scenes are American Civil War ones, and ones concerning the 1453 Ottoman seige of Constantinople.
Shikata ga nai

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:47 am

heydaralon wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:In related news, as a gift to Britain on his upcoming visit French President Macron has offered to lend us the Bayeux tapestry. Made in Canterbury, Kent in the 1070's this will be the first time it has left France in 950 years.

Holy shit that thing is awesome. That belongs in de officis' art thread. I have a couple of coffee table art books that you would probably like Monte. I know jack shit about art myself, but I still enjoy leafing through them now and again. Some of my favorite battle scenes are American Civil War ones, and ones concerning the 1453 Ottoman seige of Constantinople.
Turner is amazing. My favorite by him is The Fighting Temeraire Tugged To Her Last Berth.

In our time did an episode about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b081r260

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:04 am

The Trafalgar painting was Turner's only royal commission apparently.
I like the Agincourt painting the most.
Captures the mood of early morning really well.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:07 am

Speculation is that Macron was making a point about a unified European force defeating England and a reminder of our common past.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:18 am

Montegriffo wrote:The Trafalgar painting was Turner's only royal commission apparently.
I like the Agincourt painting the most.
Captures the mood of early morning really well.
He made two Trafalgar paintings, right? I know there is a story about it but don’t remember now. Which one came first?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Speculation is that Macron was making a point about a unified European force defeating England and a reminder of our common past.

Of how you guys were once ruled by French Vikings?