Re: Whaddup All? I'm baaaaaaack...

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:35 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:23 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am
Why should he reduce it?

Why not reduce welfare instead?

Why do you target the lesser expense all the time and ignore the bigger problem?

People state we should reduce the defense budget as a matter of self-evident truth, but why should we do that when we are the dominant power in the world. How did that work out for the Romans (not so well)?

We could, for instance, spend the money more wisely. End the boondoggle programs like the F-35 and get something good instead. That's one option. We can reshuffle the expenses in other ways like cutting back on carrier fleets and expanding projects in the upcoming Space Force.

The F-35 is one hell of a plane - just cost more than it should because of corruption. Viper and Hornets are falling apart - literally. 30years of 7+ G turns takes a toll...

Leftist will never cut social programs because it's their power base....and they believe that the proles have no other options....

It's a next generation lawn dart, dude.

The cylon tech, also, is susceptible to electronic and cyber warfare. That bullshit was a gimmick and a bad idea.

Focus on better radar, powerplant, stealth, ecm, and *then* sitrep and other gimmicks as non-essential avionics.

Powerplant first. A single engine aircraft can never be a true air superiority fighter. Power sucks. Range sucks. It's dangerous to fight with one engine and no redundant systems

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:41 am

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:35 am
Powerplant first. A single engine aircraft can never be a true air superiority fighter. Power sucks. Range sucks. It's dangerous to fight with one engine and no redundant systems

There's your mistake - it's not an air superiority fighter. It's multi-role.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:45 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:41 am
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:35 am

There's your mistake - it's not an air superiority fighter. It's multi-role.

Dude, this boondoggle choked the life out of the F-22 program. It's basically both now, even though it sucks at pretty much everything.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 am

It’s a multi-decade boondoggle that the Chinese will steal and clone in a year should it ever become useful.

/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:57 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 am
It’s a multi-decade boondoggle that the Chinese will steal and clone in a year should it ever become useful.

/shrug
Chinese can clone it - but their pilots are shit. Certainty not even close to the Ruskies.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:02 am

The important bits are the avionics, which the Chinese can only clone if democrats betray our nation again and sell them classified tech in exchange for campaign money as Bill Clinton and Al Gore did.

The avionics on the F-35 in particular look really cool, but my suspicion is that the Chinese, like all rational actors in strategic thought, view much of it with utter contempt. The bells and whistles are commercial gimmicks sold to neocons and progressives (in my estimation all liberals) on the hill. I am sure the Chinese would want the radar and electronic countermeasures. Those tholinfs are important.

This is another example of our ruin by merchant class rule.

Anything that is computerized to no legitimate purpose, and especially networked with other aircraft, was always a terrible idea.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:20 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am
Why should he reduce it?

Why not reduce welfare instead?

Why do you target the lesser expense all the time and ignore the bigger problem?

People state we should reduce the defense budget as a matter of self-evident truth, but why should we do that when we are the dominant power in the world. How did that work out for the Romans (not so well)?

We could, for instance, spend the money more wisely. End the boondoggle programs like the F-35 and get something good instead. That's one option. We can reshuffle the expenses in other ways like cutting back on carrier fleets and expanding projects in the upcoming Space Force.
It's a waste and if some nations really wanna kill eachother there is not enough manpower anyways.

Because the Offense budget would be easier to reduce with only the irrelevant neocon's screaming about it.

I have no idea what the third question is about.

Armies moved differently, they were surrounded by different countries. WTF are you on about with Rome?

Your population is unwilling to sacrifice a lot anyways. Just admit it, relax and enjoy some peace.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Single engine is such a looser idea.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:06 pm

It really is not a good idea for military aviation.