Whaddup All? I'm baaaaaaack...

katarn

Re: Whaddup All? I'm baaaaaaack...

Post by katarn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:40 pm

TheAmericanNomad wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 am
LOL.

I've been listening to Dan since before most people knew what a podcast was. You couldn't be more wrong.

He was always anti-war, anti-hate, pro-free speech, pro-third party. Go back to his old episodes circa 2001. You can see it. Whatever you think Dan stood for was just you ascribing your own views to someone else.

But that is a practice common among the self-loathing, so I can see why you did it.
Most of the stuff these guys think Dan balked on was that Trump was an outsider, and Dan predicted an outsider running within the existing parties would do well. The problem was that he didn't like Trump or the populism it took to actually get the outsider to succeed. They said he balked on free speech by not covering Antifa even when they were at their worst.

I still don't agree that he balked on all his issues, or that he became a run of the mill democrat. I just think that he doesn't like repeating himself across episodes, so the parts of his philosophy that are still martian are already out there, and much of it has already come to fruition. I don't think Dan balked by not supporting Trump either-- just because Trump was an outsider doesn't mean he has to be liked when you want an outsider, because theres more than one variable in the equation.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:25 pm

Trump comes out of nowhere, wins against all odds, and does what he promised as a candidate; how can it get any more Martian than that? What was Dan looking for, a peaceful Marxist revolution? Submission to The Matriarchy?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Hillary still at large, Obama care not replaced and still no wall. Add to that tax cuts for the rich and an increased national debt. I think he may have pulled an entire fleece over your eyes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:18 pm

He said Tax Cuts.
The Wall is being built surreptitiously (search for drone shots on YouTube - impressive.)
Hillary could still go down for email, but he’s got to take out The Deep State first, which is happening.
Thank god Obamacare wasn’t repealed but expect it after the Midterms.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:33 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:55 pm
Dan did sell out, IMO. He built a career being the “alien” politico who wanted an outsider candidate but knew that could never happen because of the duopoly.

Suddenly Trump appears on the scene - he wants to disband NATO, he wants to focus on the American economy, focus on issues of American sovereignty, and he’s hated by both parties. In short, he’s many things Dan specifically spent years yearning for.

Within a month of Trump’s election Dan is on the NUCLEAR HITLER bandwagon, he’s bemoaning the “death of civility”, and hand-wringing over “racist” while not saying peep about Antifa beating innocents senseless every week.

In short, DC became an average Democrat. That’s not alien. Repeating the MSM talking points isn’t insightful. And his Common Sense podcast has suffered the fate of every other mediocre repeat-the-talking-points podcast out there. It’s dead. No one cares. We can hear the repeated Democrat dogma on any number of media outlets.

So yeah, DC turfed his political street cred. He’s a vanilla Democrat, and no one really cares what he has to say politically anymore.
Luckily he’s still good at History, so I’m sure he’ll be fine.
+1
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Dan's a smart guy. IMO, he made a business decision, having the type of opinions on there were on DCF wasn't good for business. I can't blame him for taking care of his family.

Now, it was all cool when there were a hundred threads slinging hate at Sarah Palin, but when they turned to hatin on HIllary and digging the outsider everyone bet against, it was barely tolerable. It was not tenable after Trump won. Can't have Deplorables taking victory laps on your forum, not good for business.

To be fair to Dan, he'd probably been under pressure for a while to ditch it, plus we don't the type of shit he was getting over the forum. He lives on the Left Coast, I imagine friends and neighbors around town knew he had a forum and were reading our Deplorable Shit Posting, maybe his family didn't like that kind of stuff attached to his name.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 am

Which is why we'd do well to pitch in for our own domain and server. Name it something neutral like Valhalla Sector.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 am

We'll need a poll tax and a literacy test for any "members" who want to vote on forum policy.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:50 am

No rules.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:00 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:50 am
No rules.
I’d get on every day and call you a mutterfukker, then I’d make degoratory comments about your mental health, dox you, and cross post what you said to other forums but I’d change the text to make you seem gay.