Hello

K@th

Re: Hello

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:56 am

Zero wrote: Did things get better for your kid in school? I seem to recall you think about having him attend an academy.
The one who graduated (2012) without passing a math test in four years is doing okay. He's a cashier at 7-11, but this is the first time since he started working that he's kept a job for more than a few months. He's living with his girlfriend (who is rather responsible,) and I think he'll come around sooner or later.

The younger one with Asperger's is a tough nut. He's 19 and in his "senior," year of high school, but he only has enough credits to qualify as a junior. I can't blame this on the school, though, he has plenty of resources at this HS. (Different HS than the older kid went to.) At some point, Aspie or not, a person has to take charge of their own future.

He won't be graduating and I don't see how the school can let him in when he's 20. So, we have to help him figure out what he's going to do with his life. He's not hanging out playing PS for the rest of his life, at least not in our house.
Account abandoned.

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Nukedog wrote:Welcome to the rick and Morty fan club discussion board
Thanks! I had to look up Rick and Morty though, never seen it. Any good?
Hontar: We must work in the world, your eminence. The world is thus.

Altamirano: No, Señor Hontar. Thus have we made the world... thus have I made it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Zero wrote:
Zero is equally bland, but more purposeful in that I am lately making time to read and study more on mathematics (always my weakest area of understanding/comprehension), and in the process I’ve been finding interesting stuff on the history and nature of “0”.
Ah, I thought it refered to the number of Trump campaign promises kept so far.
Anyway, welcome. Ignore requests for your pin number from Daralon and disregard anything Clubby says and you'll be fine.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Zero wrote:DCF refugee here. Been lurking for awhile and was finally inspired to dip my toes in the pool again on the strength of the recent capitalism thread. It reminded me of some of the good times and conversations that can be had among you people.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2888

Anyway, I’ll jump in when I can. Thanks for working to keep the band together, Hash.
Welcome to the forum! Have you paid the $40 registration fee yet? If not, don't worry, just send me a private message and I will tell you which paypal account to wire it to. Look forward to chatting with you on here after you pay your fee!
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Zero wrote:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. :lol: And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:06 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Zero wrote:DCF refugee here. Been lurking for awhile and was finally inspired to dip my toes in the pool again on the strength of the recent capitalism thread. It reminded me of some of the good times and conversations that can be had among you people.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2888

Anyway, I’ll jump in when I can. Thanks for working to keep the band together, Hash.
Welcome to the forum! Have you paid the $40 registration fee yet? If not, don't worry, just send me a private message and I will tell you which paypal account to wire it to. Look forward to chatting with you on here after you pay your fee!
Hey thanks! Do you accept Zimbabwean dollars? It’s all I have on me at the moment.

Altamirano: No, Señor Hontar. Thus have we made the world... thus have I made it.

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Nukedog wrote:
Zero wrote:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. :lol: And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
I’ll check it out, thanks.

Do you administer an IQ on the second date? Or is that your opener?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Post feet

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:18 pm

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Kath wrote:
Zero wrote: Did things get better for your kid in school? I seem to recall you think about having him attend an academy.
The one who graduated (2012) without passing a math test in four years is doing okay. He's a cashier at 7-11, but this is the first time since he started working that he's kept a job for more than a few months. He's living with his girlfriend (who is rather responsible,) and I think he'll come around sooner or later.

The younger one with Asperger's is a tough nut. He's 19 and in his "senior," year of high school, but he only has enough credits to qualify as a junior. I can't blame this on the school, though, he has plenty of resources at this HS. (Different HS than the older kid went to.) At some point, Aspie or not, a person has to take charge of their own future.

He won't be graduating and I don't see how the school can let him in when he's 20. So, we have to help him figure out what he's going to do with his life. He's not hanging out playing PS for the rest of his life, at least not in our house.
No doubt.
I hope he finds his way.