Hello

Zero

Hello

Post by Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:54 am

DCF refugee here. Been lurking for awhile and was finally inspired to dip my toes in the pool again on the strength of the recent capitalism thread. It reminded me of some of the good times and conversations that can be had among you people.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2888

Anyway, I’ll jump in when I can. Thanks for working to keep the band together, Hash.
Hontar: We must work in the world, your eminence. The world is thus.

Altamirano: No, Señor Hontar. Thus have we made the world... thus have I made it.

Fife

Re: Hello

Post by Fife » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:58 am

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:04 am

Zero wrote:DCF refugee here. Been lurking for awhile and was finally inspired to dip my toes in the pool again on the strength of the recent capitalism thread. It reminded me of some of the good times and conversations that can be had among you people.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2888

Anyway, I’ll jump in when I can. Thanks for working to keep the band together, Hash.
:text-welcomewave:

Was your name the same on the old DCF?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:18 am

Nah, it was chris73, or something bland like that.

Zero is equally bland, but more purposeful in that I am lately making time to read and study more on mathematics (always my weakest area of understanding/comprehension), and in the process I’ve been finding interesting stuff on the history and nature of “0”.

I didn’t post often, and if I did it was usually on the topic of education. I recall some good back and forth with Kath as she dealt with the deficiencies of her local school.

Altamirano: No, Señor Hontar. Thus have we made the world... thus have I made it.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:22 am

Right on, we’re glad to see some fresh blood. As always, be ready to hold your own. We don’t pull punches around here. ;)

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 am

Welcome to the rick and Morty fan club discussion board

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 am

Zero wrote:
I didn’t post often, and if I did it was usually on the topic of education. I recall some good back and forth with Kath as she dealt with the deficiencies of her local school.
:lol: You quoted me in your sig line for quite some time - something about me hating people.

Good to "see" you, though I'm mostly done with hating on the public education system, so I just pretend there's no issues.
Account abandoned.

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Right on, we’re glad to see some fresh blood. As always, be ready to hold your own. We don’t pull punches around here. ;)
Thanks. Yeah, I’m under no illusions on that point.

I think that’s why I posted less and less as things went on. I’ve got a fairly earnest disposition, and that didn’t always mix well with the intensity of ball busting on DCF. I made the mistake of taking things too personally at times, so take 2, I suppose.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am

Zero wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Right on, we’re glad to see some fresh blood. As always, be ready to hold your own. We don’t pull punches around here. ;)
Thanks. Yeah, I’m under no illusions on that point.

I think that’s why I posted less and less as things went on. I’ve got a fairly earnest disposition, and that didn’t always mix well with the intensity of ball busting on DCF. I made the mistake of taking things too personally at times, so take 2, I suppose.
I've been insulted in ways that I never thought possible, called things that I could never forgive, and had my reputation dragged through the mud for years. If I took it seriously, I wouldn't be here either. It's just a good way to relieve stress, and argue your ideas openly. There's an undeniable thrill to nailing someone every once in a while, and watching them flail about for support. ;)

At the end of the day, it's just a weird little Fight Club, stashed away in obscurity.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 am

Kath wrote:
Zero wrote:
:lol: You quoted me in your sig line for quite some time - something about me hating people.

Good to "see" you, though I'm mostly done with hating on the public education system, so I just pretend there's no issues.
:D yes! I don’t remember the context for why I put that in my sig, I just recall it making me laugh for some reason.

Did things get better for your kid in school? I seem to recall you think about having him attend an academy.