We're Under Attack

Speaker to Animals

Re: We're Under Attack

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:50 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:They are basically laughing about the fall of our mother country.
What have you got against regional dialects? Don't hear you bitchin' about how the Australians have adapted the language.

Your nation is literally becoming Idiocracy and you remain confused why we concluded it's pretty much on the way out..

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:04 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Grumpy hasn't quite mastered pidgin.
Doesn't excatly strike me as a "language" you master. Looks more like one of those trade languages, that merchants from various language and ethnic groups made up when trading with one another. If the people speaking it, are from Nigeria, why not make a BBC Hausa or BBC Yoruba?

Anyway, I'm guessing it's unlikely that the MHF be under attack for anything Martin's said. Could be someone who read something by any one of us on social media, followed them here and decided to attack a digital "home" of the one who offended them.

Or it could be a 300 pound austistic computer geek who just found the site by chance and who wanted to see the world burn. :violin:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:They are basically laughing about the fall of our mother country.
What have you got against regional dialects? Don't hear you bitchin' about how the Australians have adapted the language.

Your nation is literally becoming Idiocracy and you remain confused why we concluded it's pretty much on the way out..
The BBC provides a service in many languages. Tell me why you are so appalled that they have an online service in pidgin?
Maybe you don't know what a pidgin language is?
It's not spoken as a first language by anyone. It is a method of communication between people developed usually for trade. Pidgin was first developed between the Chinese and English and the word may come from the way the Chinese said ''business''.
Simplifying the language in order to aid communication in business is not a degeneracy it's a very practical adaptation and a great Empire building tool.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:10 am

It's not a language. It's literally idiocracy. Your government media arm is speaking in gutter English.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's not a language. It's literally idiocracy. Your government media arm is speaking in gutter English.
English is gutter english. The english language steal more words from other languages than any other language, and incorporates slang quicker than any other language as well, pidgin is just an extreme example of this.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:16 am

:roll:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:17 am

Speaker to Animals wrote::roll:
roll your eyes all you want, you know I'm right. monte knows, you're just being an elitist faggot, pretending that anything you don't understand is degeneracy, you're so predictable sometimes, simmer down grandpa.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:22 am

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote::roll:
roll your eyes all you want, you know I'm right.

I think only one of us has seriously studied linguistics, and it's not you. Even though I was limited to computational linguistics, I do know enough not to confuse the valueless judgments made by descriptive linguistics with the higher-order analysis of social decay and dysfunction.

To descriptive linguistics, pigeon English dialects are legitimate fields of study because that's how people in those communities communicate with one another. It does not follow from that, however, that some form of pigeon English is something that should be placed on equal par with the current form of English used by a nation's media and government.

I don't see BBC publishing articles in Manchester slang, for example. Everybody inherently understands what I am talking about, but they are so consumed with virtue signaling their deracination that they are quick to overlook the fact to defend this being applied to foreign immigrants. It's actually a subtle form of racism. You are essentially saying that white Manchester blokes are perfectly capable of learning to speak and understand proper English, so they don't need a special retarded version of BBC to learn about the world, but those poor Africans are just too stupid to learn how to speak the language of their adoptive nation so you need to provide them with intellectual training wheels.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:23 am

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It's not a language. It's literally idiocracy. Your government media arm is speaking in gutter English.
English is gutter english. The english language steal more words from other languages than any other language, and incorporates slang quicker than any other language as well, pidgin is just an extreme example of this.
Unless you speak like Her Majesty it's all gutter English.
StA comes from the Basil Faulty school of international communication.
''Just speak loudly and clearly in proper English, if they don't understand repeat a bit louder''
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:25 am

You're the one being a racist for defending this shit. I happen to think Africans are perfectly capable of speaking the form of English used by the government and media.

It's offensive to me that you think Africans are too stupid to learn to speak English and require a retarded version of BBC to find out about the world.

How stupid do you think Africans are anyway?