Montegriffo

Re: Avatar tricks for newbies

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:47 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Yeah I know this is probably a dumb question but don't forget I'm an old fucker who's school never got it's [sic] first computer till the year I left.
Help a poor ignorant chef out, what's wrong with that?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:14 am

Not very long ago, on this very board, you decided to emend a member's grammar. I responded by writing something like O, that's rich--the guy who doesn't know the difference between its and it's correcting someone's grammar! You insisted you do know the difference, but, as I guessed, you truly don't. Now, I'm not going to read through all your inanity to find this particular mistake, but should I happen to see it, I'll point it out. If you learn its proper usage, perhaps we shall move on to who's and whose.
:text-welcomewave:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:01 am

Have I corrected anyones grammar since then?
I bite my tongue everytime someone incorrectly uses less instead of fewer.
Oh well, at least you're not wasting your expensive education.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:07 am

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Not very long ago, on this very board, you decided to emend a member's grammar.
Amend.

Which does not mean what you think it means.

HEIL!!'
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:37 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Not very long ago, on this very board, you decided to emend a member's grammar.
Amend.

Which does not mean what you think it means.

HEIL!!'
If you cannot afford a dictionary, one will be provided for you:
AMEND VS EMEND
The question of whether to use amend or emend is a vexing one for many people, complicated by the fact that the words sound quite similar and have meanings that overlap to a considerable degree. Both words can be used with the meanings “to improve” or “to correct,” but there are subtle differences. Emend is most often used in connection with changes to some form of written material, such as a text or manuscript; while such documents may also be described as amended, amend can apply to improvements or corrections made to things other than writing, as in “he amended his behavior.” The confusion is compounded by the fact that one of the most frequently encountered uses of amend is in reference to a document: the Constitution of the United States.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Nukedog wrote:
You don't have to custom resize the image on the computer, I just find what the dimensions are of the image, then just use math the convert the sizes so the largest dimension is 250 and the the smaller dimension is whatever it converts to
Maybe try reading what I posted again. And no, your gif doesn't effect bandwidth as a sig. It only needs be loaded fully once and then it's remembered by the computer.

Not necessarily true. Depends upon the browser he is using and the settings.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Have I corrected anyones grammar since then?
I bite my tongue everytime someone incorrectly uses less instead of fewer.
Oh well, at least you're not wasting your expensive education.
:lol:
You twat.
I knew the difference between its and it's before I graduated what we in the USA call elementary school, or what you might call areas frequented by children.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Sieg heil mein Grammer-Fehrer.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Sieg heil mein Grammer-Fehrer.
Grammar.

Or Gramatick in German.

Grammatick Uber Alles!!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0