Getting published.

The Conservative

Getting published.

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:24 am

Hey Martin, quick question, have you ever gotten a book published for YA to Adult range?

The publishers seem to be almost as toxic as the people we are trying to stay away from...
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Re: Getting published.

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:11 pm

All agents & publishers are woke. You better write b/c you want to b/c as a white male there’s no chance.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:04 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:11 pm
All agents & publishers are woke. You better write b/c you want to b/c as a white male there’s no chance.
Yeah, I know... I'm finding this out, but the thing is that the story is about a girl who is thrust into an unlikely situation in which she needs to realize real quick the world isn't as safe or protected as she has been allowed to be because of where she lived. She has to grow up fast, learn from her estranged brother and his wife how to survive while trying to stay ahead of something that is hunting her.

At the same time, an ancient evil has come back from actions her adopted father accidently started 30+ years ago, and she is ultimately going to be the one with the help of some unlikely allies, put this thing back into the ground, but that's going to be if I'm allowed to do so to be done in a three book series.

This should be right up their ally... I'm finding out that a lot of people who read the first "three to four chapters" don't care, because it has story building and explanation of why things are the way they are in the world... they want to hear about the girl...
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:23 am

Use a pen name and fake bio. Last year's winners of "Best Novel" at the Women Writers Awards were two Arabic men who only exposed themselves when they got onstage to accept the award.

My novels are testosterone thrillers with lots of sex & violence so no chance for that to work for me. However, I'm writing 3 novels simultaneously now, and 1 of them is steamy eroticism where 2 of the 3 characters are written as 1st-person women. I might try the pen name route on that 1.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:48 am

When are we going to see some hot tranny action in Hash books

:lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:07 am

June next year. (That’s not the erotica one though.)

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:42 pm

I've thought of writing a book. But about what ?
It's kinda thing that would be a cool life experience and accomplishment. They say to write about what you know, and I think of that, but I don't know if I could put a story together.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:17 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:42 pm
I've thought of writing a book. But about what ?
It's kinda thing that would be a cool life experience and accomplishment. They say to write about what you know, and I think of that, but I don't know if I could put a story together.
My secret is to divide it up into workable chunks.
Outline first, divided into 90 chapters. Each chapter is divided into 8 paragraphs. 1 chapter a day. When you’re done with that, write a paragraph a day following the outline.