Pray Tell Question

Haumana

Pray Tell Question

Post by Haumana » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:32 am

Yo, Martin.

I have a question about your podcast. I was poking around in that subsection. I noticed that you went from 40-50 views in December last year to 400+ in January climaxing to1400+ thru the 2nd week of February then plummeting back down to 50 something. Now down to the lucky to get 50 but usually around the 30ish view count.

Why? What was the reason for the super spike in your estimation and why did it fall off a cliff? What changed between 12/31/22 and 1/02/23? I'm just curious. It sure seems like you had a bunch of fish nibbling on the hooks but something spooked them all off.

Martin Hash

Re: Pray Tell Question

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:39 am

This happens in the forum too. I’ve looked into it several times and it’s crawlers, mostly all from the same country, though not always China. They are building an index list, probably for a search engine. Most of my podcasts show up on Google, for example.

I used to watch to see if certain topics attract the crawlers; mentioning Ukraine does, and other censored hot topics.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:06 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:39 am
This happens in the forum too. I’ve looked into it several times and it’s crawlers, mostly all from the same country, though not always China. They are building an index list, probably for a search engine. Most of my podcasts show up on Google, for example.

I used to watch to see if certain topics attract the crawlers; mentioning Ukraine does, and other censored hot topics.
Interesting. So is it like a swarm of crawlers that show up en masse?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:15 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:06 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:39 am

Interesting. So is it like a swarm of crawlers that show up en masse?
Yeah. Most with the same IP.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change