AIO Water Cooling - CPU & GPU, Can it be done with a closed system without a reservoir?

The Conservative

AIO Water Cooling - CPU & GPU, Can it be done with a closed system without a reservoir?

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:12 pm

Ok, so I am looking into a minimalist AIO cooling system for my computer; it will be a small form (Easy transport) case, about 2.5 the actual size of an XBox Series X. So When I say small form factor, I mean tight.

I am getting my hands on a brand-new video card and processor; now I have seen AIO-enclosed water cooling systems that don't need a tank. I have also seen ones with it.

Is it possible to have a tankless AIO cooling system without a tank to keep the processor and GPU cool?

The key things to remember before answering this question are:
  • The CPU cannot be overclocked.
  • The GPU can be, but general testing shows that doing so will not produce performance justifying it, so I will not be OC the GPU either.
  • I will not have a lot of space. Even with the GPU being reduced in size by 80%, the form factor I will be using will not allow for a lot of freedom and if I can put a reservoir into it, it will be almost 1/2 the size of a standard one (if it will fit at all)
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Re: AIO Water Cooling - CPU & GPU, Can it be done with a closed system without a reservoir?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:21 am

I don’t understand why you’d want a water-cooled system, if you’re not over clocking.. just cause it looks cool?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Re: AIO Water Cooling - CPU & GPU, Can it be done with a closed system without a reservoir?

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:27 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:21 am
I don’t understand why you’d want a water-cooled system, if you’re not over clocking.. just cause it looks cool?
Aren't the new GPU's water-cooled?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:53 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:27 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
You can buy them that way, but you wouldnt need it unless you’re mining Bitcoin.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:23 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:27 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
They can be but they aren't out of the box. It's basically the 3rd parry variant does it.

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
No, power reduction and stability of the video card, to keep from a more significant power draw, some of these video cards should not be demanding 500W peak.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:09 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:23 am
No, power reduction and stability of the video card, to keep from a more significant power draw, some of these video cards should not be demanding 500W peak.
Why not?

More importantly, what do you need that kind of gpu for? Are you doing some crazy advanced physics modeling?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:57 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:09 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Why not?

More importantly, what do you need that kind of gpu for? Are you doing some crazy advanced physics modeling?
AI training.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:58 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:57 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Why not?

AI training.
I picture that being more like uploading massive photo dumps to a folder and having them scanned.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:42 pm

Real-time raytracing.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:58 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:58 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:57 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Why not?

AI training.
I picture that being more like uploading massive photo dumps to a folder and having them scanned.
You've never heard of GPU processing for AI training?
#NotOneRedCent