For Fathers Day my son got to “Captian” a ship I did in the 90’s.

The Conservative

For Fathers Day my son got to “Captian” a ship I did in the 90’s.

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:04 am

My wife for father’s day got me a trip on a ship I used to sail when I was in high school.

It sank during the storm of the century. We had to sell it off because we didn't have the funds at the time (the school) to repair it.

Now it's (regretfully) in private hands.

Well my son got to steer the ship while we were in open water. The captain was out of the shot but close enough to grab if need be, but although it was Father’s day I was happy to share the limelight a little.

I didn't realize how out of shape I was though, after raising the mainsail on the ship I was more than a little out of breath. Of course I was told to slow down because the kid that was on the other side couldn't keep up with someone who was 20 years his senior. Lol.
EBD84551-D10F-49B4-B21B-17BC6419477A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Re: For Fathers Day my son got to “Captian” a ship I did in the 90’s.

Post by Xenophon » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:54 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:04 am
My wife for father’s day got me a trip on a ship I used to sail when I was in high school.

It sank during the storm of the century. We had to sell it off because we didn't have the funds at the time (the school) to repair it.

Now it's (regretfully) in private hands.

Well my son got to steer the ship while we were in open water. The captain was out of the shot but close enough to grab if need be, but although it was Father’s day I was happy to share the limelight a little.

I didn't realize how out of shape I was though, after raising the mainsail on the ship I was more than a little out of breath. Of course I was told to slow down because the kid that was on the other side couldn't keep up with someone who was 20 years his senior. Lol.

EBD84551-D10F-49B4-B21B-17BC6419477A.jpeg
I know you're a proud papa. You're winning the game of life, brother. Stay strong.