Ferar of moving... or lack there of.

The Conservative

Ferar of moving... or lack there of.

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 14, 2021 10:22 am

My wife already told me she is going to be a wreck when we move because everything she has known is within a 50-mile range of where we live. Me on the other hand, I don't have the same attachment to anywhere, we move and I just figure it's another roof over my head. I hold no emotional attachment to anywhere, I guess in a way because I don't own it?

I take care of it, actually in many cases I leave it in better condition than when I first rented the place. (this place I'm in is no different, I've upgraded the electrical system, and moved everything to LED lighting) Also fixed the basement so that it wouldn't leak as much either...

In any case, I don't find moving so bad, I don't know if it's because of my disability, or just an odd quirk, but does anyone else, or did anyone else have that mindset?
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Re: Ferar of moving... or lack there of.

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 14, 2021 10:34 am

We have nothing to Ferar, but Ferar itself
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 14, 2021 10:40 am

No. Moved many times since I was young.
Moved a lot as an adult too.
Moving is just normal for me.
But I can see how it would be tough for folks not raised that way.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:22 am
My wife already told me she is going to be a wreck when we move because everything she has known is within a 50-mile range of where we live. Me on the other hand, I don't have the same attachment to anywhere, we move and I just figure it's another roof over my head. I hold no emotional attachment to anywhere, I guess in a way because I don't own it?

I take care of it, actually in many cases I leave it in better condition than when I first rented the place. (this place I'm in is no different, I've upgraded the electrical system, and moved everything to LED lighting) Also fixed the basement so that it wouldn't leak as much either...

In any case, I don't find moving so bad, I don't know if it's because of my disability, or just an odd quirk, but does anyone else, or did anyone else have that mindset?
moving is a huge pain in the ass, I'm glad to have found my forever home so we never have to do it again

you're moving to Dixie tho, quite sure she will be charmed when she gets there

they just got great personality, them Southrons, it's impossible not to love them
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 14, 2021 10:43 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:40 am
No. Moved many times since I was young.
Moved a lot as an adult too.
Moving is just normal for me.
But I can see how it would be tough for folks not raised that way.
I've moved 12 times in my life so far... lucky 13? ;)
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 14, 2021 10:44 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 am
they just got great personality, them Southrons, it's impossible not to love them
The Northern Army would like a word....

:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:46 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:44 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Northern Army would like a word....

:lol:
Lost cause, Dixie is just a state of mind, can't kill an idea
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:22 am

moving is a huge pain in the ass, I'm glad to have found my forever home so we never have to do it again

you're moving to Dixie tho, quite sure she will be charmed when she gets there

I've always considered myself southern, I have the personality when I am allowed to let it shine... I've always hated that I lived in the NE for so long... people here are outright assholes.

Best times in my life were when I visited WV and Florida.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:50 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am

I've always considered myself southern
I'm older than Southron, my family came to North America in 1757, Virginia was England at the time
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 14, 2021 10:56 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:50 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am

I've always considered myself southern
I'm older than Southron, my family came to North America in 1757, Virginia was England at the time
My ancestors were the ones that welcomed the Pilgrims to the "New Land"... so yeah... either way, for me my grandfather was born in Morgantown, West Virginia. Actually found the "region" that would have been in Fallout 76.

I loved it down there when I was younger, I went down a few years ago, and barely recognize it anymore.

It's the reason I am moving to SC...
#NotOneRedCent