Idea for Epic Troll

Martin Hash

Idea for Epic Troll

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 08, 2021 8:40 am

A few years ago when I was exiting the Democrat party but they didn't know it yet, I was proposing the idea of virtual societies; people have an app on their phone that identifies other people and businesses as liberty or egalitarian so that you can discriminate, because discriminating based on political beliefs is legal. It was the start of a troll but at the time people weren't yet ready, and looked at me if I was crazy. Now, however, people use wearing masks for the same effect, and stores put "wear masks inside" signs on their front doors to mark themselves for maskers. I think it's now time for this troll.

I thought I let you guys in on it, so you can contribute your ideas. First thing, I'll poke around to see where I can get an app written, but even before that we could start brainstorming on where to promote it: Twitter? Facebook? Gab? Other social media? And come up with some clever verbiage that attracts customers without giving it away.

Remember, an Epic Troll is one where no one can tell.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Re: Idea for Epic Troll

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 08, 2021 8:47 am

What do we call the app?
What do we call the bifurcation of society into egalitarian vs. liberty groups? It's needs to sound benign.
What do we call the company?
What's the name of the political philosophy that advocates this?
What do we call our spokesmen? (The evangelists)
Is there a supreme leader?
Is there the equivalent of a priesthood?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat May 08, 2021 9:12 am

Why not just ride in on the names and moral infrastructure that already exist?

Describe it in terms of an app to promote 'Justice and equitable consumption' and have it flag businesses to avoid based on the claim that they have promoted negative stereotypes about BIPOC and contributed to a culture of white supremacy. It would flag any business that has ever had a mandatory DEI training, and if the user wants to look into the specifics, they can click on a 'details' widget, or whatever you call it in apps, and it would open a careful explanation of the ways DEI infantilizes minorities and creates racial antagonism - replete with quotes from black intellectuals like John McWhorter, Glenn Loury, et al.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 08, 2021 9:16 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:12 am
Why not just ride in on the names and moral infrastructure that already exist?

Describe it in terms of an app to promote 'Justice and equitable consumption' and have it flag businesses to avoid based on the claim that they have promoted negative stereotypes about BIPOC and contributed to a culture of white supremacy. It would flag any business that has ever had a mandatory DEI training, and if the user wants to look into the specifics, they can click on a 'details' widget, or whatever you call it in apps, and it would open a careful explanation of the ways DEI infantilizes minorities and creates racial antagonism - replete with quotes from black intellectuals like John McWhorter, Glenn Loury, et al.
The wording would have to be "two pictures on the same screen" (Scott Adam's analogy), so that each group would read the description as supporting their pov. "White supremacy" is an egalitarian term but black intellectuals would sound sage & reasonable to one group, and inane & embarrassing to the other.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 am

Are you trying to troll egalitarians, or everyone?

If you are just trying to troll egalitarians, then you have to use all egalitarian language to get it in their hands - but I think if you made them actually click through to explanations of why the app gave the advice it did, you could get away with still couching everything in egalitarian language while, with a total straight-face, quoting people they disagree with, but should listen to based on their own philosophy. Eg, "[name of app] believes in amplifying the voices of POC" followed by a Kmele Foster or Coleman Hughes quote - or a reference to Shelby Steele or Sowell.

Odds are, a good portion of egalitarians won't even be familiar enough with these writers and thinkers to know they are supposed to reject anything they say before reading it - so you can sneak it in.

If you are trying to troll everyone at the same time, I have no idea how to do that.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 am

Just one side would flag it as a troll.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 am

An app that lets people self-segregate based on philosophy, creating virtual societies, appears reasonable to reasonable people.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat May 08, 2021 10:00 am

Ah.

Well, I don't think you could properly call it a troll. You are just providing a legitimate service to people who want to self-segregate, but I don't know how you would get into the hands of most people. There isn't a way to make it seem benign to everybody.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 08, 2021 10:22 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:00 am
Ah.

Well, I don't think you could properly call it a troll. You are just providing a legitimate service to people who want to self-segregate, but I don't know how you would get into the hands of most people. There isn't a way to make it seem benign to everybody.
You don't seem to know how a troll works?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat May 08, 2021 11:00 am

I thought a troll was when you pretended to believe something in order to make other people angry.

But, despite being accused of trolling, it is a pretty foreign concept to me since I am a boring, literal-minded normie.
HAIL!

-Hwen