Son at 5 years old.

Smitty-48

Re: Son at 5 years old.

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:15 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:13 pm

I'm short 5 ft 6, my son is going to tower over me if he keeps growing the way he is... but when I was in high school I played basketball.
that was my main barrier to victory, my dad was big man on campus

he batted clean up in baseball, he drove the center court, he played quarterback,

he was a hockey power forward enforcer

it was like fighting a man mountain
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Re: Son at 5 years old.

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:15 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:13 pm

I'm short 5 ft 6, my son is going to tower over me if he keeps growing the way he is... but when I was in high school I played basketball.
that was my main barrier to victory, my dad was big man on campus

he batted clean up in baseball, he drove the center court, he played quarterback,

he was a hockey power forward enforcer

it was like fighting a man mountain
I was always the power behind the man, I let others be in the limelight, while I make sure they stayed there... It let me get away with so much... which is why my girl was always off-limits...they knew who buttered their bread. That and I was friends with everyone that mattered, so you wanted something from the kitchen, I knew the kitchen staff... you wanted computer help, I was the lead geek... you wanted help with the girls, look elsewhere :P

In my case though, I know what you mean, my father was the same way to me... I learned at a young age the day I could have beaten him at arm wrestling (but didn't) that if you try being better than someone else, you will never succeed, but being better than you were the day before or the week before is almost always possible.

There will be a day that my son will surpass me, and I will congratulate him when he does, but the one thing I told my wife, the day he does it, is the day he earned it. I may "let him win" sometimes, but the most important thing for him to learn when going against me is that, he will have to earn it...
#NotOneRedCent