Son at 5 years old.

The Conservative

Son at 5 years old.

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:09 am

We have a photographer that has been working on their portfolio (as well as learning photoshop) who loves to take photos of my son because he is "So photogenic"... although she is terrible at photo edits... I thankfully can correct her mistakes or demand the originals and edit them myself.

BTW, the skullycap he is wearing can fit me comfortably. I do love how the color brings out his eyes though.
Peter Henry (sm).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Re: Son at 5 years old.

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:16 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:09 am
We have a photographer that has been working on their portfolio (as well as learning photoshop) who loves to take photos of my son because he is "So photogenic"... although she is terrible at photo edits... I thankfully can correct her mistakes or demand the originals and edit them myself.

BTW, the skullycap he is wearing can fit me comfortably. I do love how the color brings out his eyes though.

Peter Henry (sm).jpg
good looking kid, he's got the big blue eyes, girls love that

and he looks American, not a weirdo

pin your wings upon his chest

Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:33 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:16 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:09 am

Peter Henry (sm).jpg
good looking kid, he's got the big blue eyes, girls love that

and he looks American, not a weirdo

pin your wings upon his chest

He is truly an American kid, what I mean by that is he is so mixed in his "races and cultures" that he is the truest definition of what it means to be American.

He's Irish, Sicilian, Greek, Chezslovakian, French, German, Portuguese, Native American, and I know I'm missing one or two things... but he's all boy, and brought and tumble. I'm waiting until he is six or seven before teaching him how to "fight"... but only in defense.

I refuse to raise a victim or a bully.
Last edited by The Conservative on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:34 am

Beautiful pic. Good job Dad.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:35 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:34 am
Beautiful pic. Good job Dad.
Papa, but thanks :)

He is strong-willed, and as my wife said, with her personality, and my intelligence, he will rule the world. I'd be happy for him to be President. lol
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:46 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:33 am
my father's approach was athletics & social graces

we had to be fit, well turned out, and chanrming when we wanted to be

that way we were the social leaders and we got the girls

thus we didn't feel the need to bully

but yeah, you do need to know how to defend yourself

because some big kid who is not getting the attention & girls will come after you
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:46 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:33 am
my father's approach was athletics & social graces

we had to be fit, well turned out, and chanrming when we wanted to be

that way we were the social leaders and we got the girls

thus we didn't feel the need to bully

but yeah, you do need to know how to defend yourself

because some big kid who is not getting the attention & girls will come after you
I had that problem growing up and my father wasn't there to teach me any of that. I graduated with the Presidental Academic and Fitness award (when it was the same thing), and I was rather good with the girls... and sports, as well as with the geeks, etc...

I fumbled my way through all that, but I want to give my son a nudge up on that if I can. He's already popular with the girls... lol.

He already knows how to take care of himself to some extent, he cold-clocked someone out already because they hit him... but I want to make sure he realizes that violence is not the first thing to do when confrontation happens. I don't want him to get used to going to violence as the first answer to everything, but the last thing... but I also don't want him to be walked over as well... it's a fine balance...

We play with legos, but he wants to learn how to "fight" because of the shows he watches... Transformers, etc... I promised once he turns 6 we can start to learn. I'm going to teach him Kuzushi because I want my son to learn that sometimes it's possible to win a fight without throwing a punch... and I would rather have his opponents embarrassed than bloodied if I have a choice.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 am

I fumbled my way through all that, but I want to give my son a nudge up on that if I can. He's already popular with the girls... lol.
yeah, he's got that devilish look to him, ladykiller

girls love cute, that boyish charm gets the most girls

so long as he's athletic & he know how to be charming, he will make out like a bandit
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:10 am

I can't tell you how happy I am for you, TC. I remember when you posted on the DCF about his approaching birth. You're doing good, brother. 5 years goes by quick, don't it?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:33 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 am

yeah, he's got that devilish look to him, ladykiller

girls love cute, that boyish charm gets the most girls

so long as he's athletic & he know how to be charming, he will make out like a bandit
Oh, he gets free stuff all the time from the girls now... I don't think I've had to pay for a drink for him in almost two years now... lol.
#NotOneRedCent