WWII AirCore maps, etc.

The Conservative

WWII AirCore maps, etc.

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:18 am

My mother just handed me my "Papa's" stuff. Going through it I found all of the maps from his flights. There are over 20 maps, each from WWII to a little beyond. All Restricted, and Confidential placed somewhere on the map. I could tell when he was either bored or took a lot of travel on a map, most are near pristine conditions...

I also got his old cadet rucksack and his uniforms, as well as his pilot jacket from when he flew. His medals, and wings, and all the letters between my grandmother hand him when he was overseas. (they missed only one day due to a combat flight mission)

It's bittersweet getting all this. It brings back memories of him, and it stings a little.
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Re: WWII AirCore maps, etc.

Post by Xenophon » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:45 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:18 am
My mother just handed me my "Papa's" stuff. Going through it I found all of the maps from his flights. There are over 20 maps, each from WWII to a little beyond. All Restricted, and Confidential placed somewhere on the map. I could tell when he was either bored or took a lot of travel on a map, most are near pristine conditions...

I also got his old cadet rucksack and his uniforms, as well as his pilot jacket from when he flew. His medals, and wings, and all the letters between my grandmother hand him when he was overseas. (they missed only one day due to a combat flight mission)

It's bittersweet getting all this. It brings back memories of him, and it stings a little.
I feel you. I miss my Papa every day.