Re: Brave Heroes Only Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 07, 2020 1:59 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:54 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:36 pm
BjornP wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:11 pm
As long as they wear their protective gear when around their patients...who cares?
a) Doctors and nurses are part of the wider community and therefore risk spreading the virus when they go to their homes or out shopping for essentials.
b) It sets a bad example to the freedumb protesters who will point out that healthcare workers aren't wearing masks or adhering to social distancing rules so why should they.
Their job isn't to "set examples". Their job is to treat their patients. And again, if they're wearing masks when interacting with patients, it's all good. If a nurse goes grocery shopping without wearing a face mask... not that she'd neccesarily even need one... and some hysterical bedwetter throws a tantrum and take a photo of her shopping without a face mask? Ignore that noise. People who desperately crave offense will always find something to be offended about.
I get what you are saying, Bjorn, but at the same time.. a once-in-a-century deadly pandemic is not such a great time for nurses to upload video of themselves rolling on molly and marching around like a black death body collection squad to the soundtrack of Euro technopop.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu May 07, 2020 2:04 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:15 pm
Oh surely you can do better than that, hd? :think:
Nice personal attack. Do you have anything positive to add, or are you going to keep insulting during the worst viral outbreak in human history? Nearly 200,000 died worldwide. That is unprecdented. That's almost as bad as the regular flu kills every year. Its terrifying. Imagine going to work, knowing you could get a cold, and probably be fine and have a 99.99% chance surviving. Are you starting to get the picture? Now I also want you to imagine, you having a runny nose for 3 days. Scary stuff.
Shikata ga nai

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu May 07, 2020 2:08 pm

On the contrary, I could think of no better time. Nothing better than a little gallows humor to cure the misery of a work that involves alot of death and alot of human misery. If the rest of society don't get it, they can always find the cures and treatments for their various ailments at their local witch doctor. In this, doctors and nurses are similar to soldiers making a funny, but controversiel youtube video and having the SJW twitterariat swoop down and start picking at them with their silly, offended beaks.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 07, 2020 2:11 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:08 pm
On the contrary, I could think of no better time. Nothing better than a little gallows humor to cure the misery of a work that involves alot of death and alot of human misery. If the rest of society don't get it, they can always find the cures and treatments for their various ailments at their local witch doctor. In this, doctors and nurses are similar to soldiers making a funny, but controversiel youtube video and having the SJW twitterariat swoop down and start picking at them with their silly, offended beaks.
I figured out who the cute one is on the left, and if I am right they are from Peurto Rico. There are not that many cases there at all. It looks like an urgent care clinic, not an ICU. I don't think she was facing much death.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu May 07, 2020 2:20 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:54 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:36 pm
BjornP wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:11 pm
As long as they wear their protective gear when around their patients...who cares?
a) Doctors and nurses are part of the wider community and therefore risk spreading the virus when they go to their homes or out shopping for essentials.
b) It sets a bad example to the freedumb protesters who will point out that healthcare workers aren't wearing masks or adhering to social distancing rules so why should they.
Their job isn't to "set examples". Their job is to treat their patients. And again, if they're wearing masks when interacting with patients, it's all good. If a nurse goes grocery shopping without wearing a face mask... not that she'd neccesarily even need one... and some hysterical bedwetter throws a tantrum and take a photo of her shopping without a face mask? Ignore that noise. People who desperately crave offense will always find something to be offended about.
It has nothing to do with being offended. I think you are just falling back on a favourite wedge issue there and ignoring the points raised about working in a high-risk environment without complying with the official recommendations and the message that sends to the general public.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu May 07, 2020 2:39 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:04 pm
BjornP wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:15 pm
Oh surely you can do better than that, hd? :think:
Nice personal attack. Do you have anything positive to add, or are you going to keep insulting during the worst viral outbreak in human history? Nearly 200,000 died worldwide. That is unprecdented. That's almost as bad as the regular flu kills every year. Its terrifying. Imagine going to work, knowing you could get a cold, and probably be fine and have a 99.99% chance surviving. Are you starting to get the picture? Now I also want you to imagine, you having a runny nose for 3 days. Scary stuff.
Heh, yeah I did actually have a runny nose earlier today. My amazing immune system cured me of the bat aids real fast, though. Most hospitals here have closed their specialized coronavirus wards, because new cases have been steadily dropping. A couple of hours ago PM Frederiksen announced the so-far biggest re-opening of society. Cafés, restaurants, bars, our version of high schools, libraries can open, and some other industries as well, but forgot what those are. Museums, zoos and gyms still have to remain closed. I get gyms and zoos, but I'm not sure why they think museums shouldn't have been on the big re-opening list.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Thu May 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:20 pm

It has nothing to do with being offended. I think you are just falling back on a favourite wedge issue there and ignoring the points raised about working in a high-risk environment without complying with the official recommendations and the message that sends to the general public.
How were they not complying with the official recommendations? Where they mask-less near their patients in the hospital? And again, fuck "sending a message to the general public". It's none of the general public's business if some doctors wants to have a little fun. If their boss wants to fire them, well, sure... but it would still be pathetic pandering.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 07, 2020 3:16 pm

She is definitely getting doxxed now. I am seeing a lot of crazies putting her name out there. Apparently the video is making the rounds amongst the "covid is a hoax" crowd. Sad. Cute doctor who uploaded a bad video.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu May 07, 2020 4:10 pm

BjornP wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:52 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:20 pm

How were they not complying with the official recommendations? Where they mask-less near their patients in the hospital? And again, fuck "sending a message to the general public". It's none of the general public's business if some doctors wants to have a little fun. If their boss wants to fire them, well, sure... but it would still be pathetic pandering.
They weren't remaining 6' apart or wearing gloves or masks in a high-risk environment ie a hospital full of COVID victims.
StA's post about the first video being seized upon by the ''just the flu, bro'' crowd makes my point for me about setting a bad example.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Thu May 07, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 07, 2020 4:15 pm

She is a family medicine doctor in San Juan. The scene is obviously just an urgent care clinic (not an ICU ward) and there aren't that many covid patients in PR right now. The idea that covid is a hoax because she uploaded that video is probably worse than the video itself.