The Bowling Thread

Montegriffo

Re: The Bowling Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Wed May 27, 2020 12:51 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:13 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm
I think smokers like us should try really hard to not catch it.
Was it very busy in there?
Meh. Can’t live in a cave forever, just in case.

It wasn’t crowded. Usual Tuesday night crowd I guess. Maybe a dozen total.
No one is saying we should live in a cave forever. Might be sensible to wait until there are no sabre tooth tigers just outside the entrance though.

Saying that, a dozen people in a large bowling alley is pretty low risk.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu May 28, 2020 1:40 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:51 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:13 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm
I think smokers like us should try really hard to not catch it.
Was it very busy in there?
Meh. Can’t live in a cave forever, just in case.

It wasn’t crowded. Usual Tuesday night crowd I guess. Maybe a dozen total.
No one is saying we should live in a cave forever. Might be sensible to wait until there are no sabre tooth tigers just outside the entrance though.

Saying that, a dozen people in a large bowling alley is pretty low risk.
Yeah social distance plus bring your own ball and shoes, lot less risk than a trip to the grocery store. The shit you see when you have experience working in a clean environment. 90% of people are just going through the motions and are performing rather than helping. At the grocery store standing in line can't put my groceries on the belt until they sanitize the entire thing between each customer :roll: these guys are wearing gloves that they handle other groceries then sanitize then handle your groceries, without changing gloves! You shouldn't have even bothered. I want to tell them but the 20 something doesn't know or care and he was instructed to do it this way. This whole social distancing "lockdown" forever is just one big virtue signal I am glad people are getting sick of it and the media is getting exposed for the fake bitches they are.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu May 28, 2020 5:43 am

Pretty much. I've noticed a lot of this as I go around town. We each have to manage our own risk, as we see fit.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

HarryK

Post by HarryK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:50 am

Bowling rocks!
One only wonders how much time has been wasted being the “armchair quarterbacks” of the world. Only to know deep down inside we don’t have the stones to actually make it happen.
HarryK

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:24 pm

The Storm Axiom has re-invented my damn game. Holy crap that thing is amazing. 615 tonight and still could have been better.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:55 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:24 pm
The Storm Axiom has re-invented my damn game. Holy crap that thing is amazing. 615 tonight and still could have been better.

Always had an issue with early hooking balls. 615, not bad...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:03 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:55 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

It could also be the new fit. I got some reverse-pitch in the thumb hole. Now I can finally just bowl without worrying about a hangup.

But that ball seems to do anything I want it to. Never had anything quite like it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:23 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:03 pm
The Conservative wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

It could also be the new fit. I got some reverse-pitch in the thumb hole. Now I can finally just bowl without worrying about a hangup.

But that ball seems to do anything I want it to. Never had anything quite like it.
If you are getting stuck on the thumb, that means you aren't releasing it properly... you are gripping it late, and holding onto it with your thumb... you are supposed to have a loose thumb and use your fingers to adjust where the ball goes. (Sorry, used to teach kids, this was common)

What board are you releasing on?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:06 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:23 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

If you are getting stuck on the thumb, that means you aren't releasing it properly... you are gripping it late, and holding onto it with your thumb... you are supposed to have a loose thumb and use your fingers to adjust where the ball goes. (Sorry, used to teach kids, this was common)

It was a major issue for me last year. I was typically playing down and in on 10 or so.
Now I release around 20 and play 10 at the arrows. The damn thing whips into the pocket at 40 ft every time.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:13 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:06 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:23 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

It was a major issue for me last year. I was typically playing down and in on 10 or so.
Now I release around 20 and play 10 at the arrows. The damn thing whips into the pocket at 40 ft every time.
So, your alley has a viper layout?
#NotOneRedCent