Cool Hobbies/Interests/Whatever

Speaker to Animals

Re: Cool Hobbies/Interests/Whatever

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Honestly, the most I really want right now is about twenty acres in the mountains. I wouldn't give away the powerball jackpot if I won it, but the cash five is about all I really would have greed for at this point in my life.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:10 pm

DBTrek wrote:Sold my collection to get my first car.
Had Wolverine #1, The Punisher #1, Punisher War Journal#1, and the first Daredevil and Punisher crossover.

I’d say I miss them, but it turns out Hollywood is strip mining my childhood for anything they can monetize - so I’ve still got Wolverine and Punisher stuff being constantly slung at me thirty years later.
Hah I had Wolverine #2, and the other 3 of those.

Lost them decades ago, sadly.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Honestly, the most I really want right now is about twenty acres in the mountains. I wouldn't give away the powerball jackpot if I won it, but the cash five is about all I really would have greed for at this point in my life.
Agreed, but I want fertile land. Mountains are nice to look at, but tough to grow food on.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:11 pm

If somebody had $100 million, I’d advise them how to spend it, not “invest” it, UNLESS they were building something, creating something big that required vast amounts of money, like a space rocket company.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Honestly, the most I really want right now is about twenty acres in the mountains. I wouldn't give away the powerball jackpot if I won it, but the cash five is about all I really would have greed for at this point in my life.
Agreed, but I want fertile land. Mountains are nice to look at, but tough to grow food on.

Depends. Lots of homesteads up there that I have seen. Here in the Appalachians, you can grow pretty well down in the valleys.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Martin Hash wrote:If somebody had $100 million, I’d advise them how to spend it, not “invest” it, UNLESS they were building something, creating something big that required vast amounts of money, like a space rocket company.

What would be your spending recommendations? What is your favorite possession or experience you've had? Travel?
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Depends. Lots of homesteads up there that I have seen. Here in the Appalachians, you can grow pretty well down in the valleys.
In the new world order none of us will be allowed on the surface. We will be depth grovellers, living beneath in caverns, mining precious metals for the ultra rich, and using their garbage for food and shelter. Depth grovellers are not allowed up to the sunlight under any circumstances, and over time become blind, hairless, and albino. They have keen senses of smell, and are capable of eating cavebeetles and the occasional lame bat that falls to the floor of the cave. They are the untouchable caste for the 21st and 22nd centuries.
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:20 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:If somebody had $100 million, I’d advise them how to spend it, not “invest” it, UNLESS they were building something, creating something big that required vast amounts of money, like a space rocket company.

What would be your spending recommendations? What is your favorite possession or experience you've had? Travel?
Yes, travel.

And home’s better when you travel.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Yes, travel.

And home’s better when you travel.
Best country or destination?
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:25 pm

It’s different for everybody. My favorite was Cameroon because of our adventures there, Gwynne & mine, but Cameroon is shit otherwise. In Asia it was Cambodia because of Angkor Wat: I had a tingling dopamine feeling when I was in the buildings. For comfort, Grenada: loved the weather & scenery but never going back.