The Draft: Pros-Cons and details

Fife

Re: The Draft: Pros-Cons and details

Post by Fife » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Yeah, slavery is kinda shitty, broham. Really, actually, very shitty.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Yeah, we just want the power to order other people to go fight and die in foreign wars. Fuck slavery.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:42 pm

C-Mag wrote:We are going to be talking Draft soon as new female babies will soon be subject to the draft. The National Defense Authorization Act, includes language that requires women born on or after January 1, 2018, to sign up for Selective Service on their 18th birthdays.

I'm a long time proponent for the Draft. Not that it will make a better military, but for the benefits to society. And yes it meshes with my Fortress America Doctrine. When I'm Imperator, there will be an M4 over every mantel.

My Draft
- Mandatory Civil Service from age 18-20 for all men, women and name your gender
- Service to the nation not confined to military, could be in any agency or perhaps even local public service
- deferments would be damn near impossible to get, better be brain dead or a quadriplegic.
- Selection of Service will be based on performance in High School.
-- at age 16-17 you select 3 agencies and 3 jobs you would like
-- Agencies pick, might give the military first round draft choice
- Drop out of school or F off on your education, that's all right, the USDA has fruit and veggies to be picked and Mike Rowe will train you in Dirty Jobs
- All our seasonal and part time jobs would be targeted for youth labor and skill learners
- There will be a new Civilian Conservation Corps as well. Many of them centered on rebuilding light infrastructure, and improving National Parks and Lands.
Sounds good. I'd make it one year though.
:royalty-queen:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Don't ya like how they snuck in women getting drafted, put it in the NDAA, put a date 20 years away.
Last edited by C-Mag on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:14 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
C-Mag wrote:We are going to be talking Draft soon as new female babies will soon be subject to the draft. The National Defense Authorization Act, includes language that requires women born on or after January 1, 2018, to sign up for Selective Service on their 18th birthdays.

I'm a long time proponent for the Draft. Not that it will make a better military, but for the benefits to society. And yes it meshes with my Fortress America Doctrine. When I'm Imperator, there will be an M4 over every mantel.

My Draft
- Mandatory Civil Service from age 18-20 for all men, women and name your gender
- Service to the nation not confined to military, could be in any agency or perhaps even local public service
- deferments would be damn near impossible to get, better be brain dead or a quadriplegic.
- Selection of Service will be based on performance in High School.
-- at age 16-17 you select 3 agencies and 3 jobs you would like
-- Agencies pick, might give the military first round draft choice
- Drop out of school or F off on your education, that's all right, the USDA has fruit and veggies to be picked and Mike Rowe will train you in Dirty Jobs
- All our seasonal and part time jobs would be targeted for youth labor and skill learners
- There will be a new Civilian Conservation Corps as well. Many of them centered on rebuilding light infrastructure, and improving National Parks and Lands.
Sounds good. I'd make it one year though.
Under this model you could be counseling families or convicts or drug addicts. Feeding the poor or building parks. Cooking or doing administrative tasks. You couldn't find a job you'd like for 2 years.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Fife wrote:Yeah, slavery is kinda shitty, broham. Really, actually, very shitty.
2 years service is not slavery. But calling WWI, WWII, Korean and Vietnam Vets Slaves sounds good. :D
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Read this out loud, and slowly. Then do it again, and think about the context from which it came.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:21 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fife wrote:Yeah, slavery is kinda shitty, broham. Really, actually, very shitty.
2 years service is not slavery. But calling WWI, WWII, Korean and Vietnam Vets Slaves sounds good. :D
You are going to have to give a stipend of some sorts. Probably start out with like 20,000 and cap it around 60,000.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Fife wrote:Read this out loud, and slowly. Then do it again, and think about the context from which it came.

Americans commit 3 felonies a day............... get on the chain gang.
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:24 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fife wrote:Read this out loud, and slowly. Then do it again, and think about the context from which it came.

Americans commit 3 felonies a day............... get on the chain gang.
What are you saying here? A draft is OK because the state already fucks you up the arse six ways to Sunday anyhow?

Straighten me out here if I'm barking up the wrong tree.