Real Coins

Speaker to Animals

Re: Real Coins

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:47 pm

For instance, my 2006-D SAC$1 MS67..

Says: Requires lots of searching and it might just make more sense to buy a graded example, since the odds of finding a raw example in this grade are almost unlikely.

Well, Mr. Expert, I ain't gonna sell it for $80. Did you think of that?

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:55 pm

If anyone has a wounded eagle Sacagawea and/or a Sacagawea cheerio please mail me them, right away. :twisted:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:58 pm

Penner wrote:If anyone has a wounded eagle Sacagawea and/or a Sacagawea cheerio please mail me them, right away. :twisted:

LOL, sure thing. I have one. Send me $6,000 and I will send you a 2000-P Sac Cheerio.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:14 pm

Not sure I like the idea of competing with Penner for what Sacs over MS67 are still on the market. I liked them because nobody else was interested in them. This is kind of my niche.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Not sure I like the idea of competing with Penner for what Sacs over MS67 are still on the market. I liked them because nobody else was interested in them. This is kind of my niche.
I remember when they first came out my grandmother would literally give us Sacagaweas as a gift. They were nothing special but still it was great because it came from my grandmother. I still have those, plus much more that I got over the years. Literally, the one in my purse was given to me by my older sister only because she remembered that I collect coins.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:21 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Not sure I like the idea of competing with Penner for what Sacs over MS67 are still on the market. I liked them because nobody else was interested in them. This is kind of my niche.
I remember when they first came out my grandmother would literally give us Sacagaweas as a gift. They were nothing special but still it was great because it came from my grandmother. I still have those, plus much more that I got over the years. Literally, the one in my purse was given to me by my older sister only because she remembered that I collect coins.

You should get into graded coins. It's actually a good investment. Coins outperform the stock market most of the time in timeframes over ten years or so. No guarantees, but it's a really cool market to get into.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:02 am

I have half a dozen Churchill crowns bought by my father in 1965 the year Churchill died and the year I was born. Famous for being the first commemorative coin to feature anyone outside of the Royal family. Dad bought it as an investment, unfortunately over 9 million of them were made and you can buy one now for £4.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.