Outdoors thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Outdoors thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 04, 2021 4:49 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:48 pm
I don't hear anyone saying, you know what we need in Cleveland or Queens or Denver, is Wolves and Buffalo. Those animals used to walk this land, so lets reintroduce them here.

Quit treating rural people like shit. We are not a place where you get to do your little wild animal experiments. You wouldn't want me to do that to you. Grizzly Bears used to roam San Fransiscos hills, let's reintroduce Ursus Horribilus there.

You want to put these critters in National Parks fine, don't tie our hands to deal with them in our states as we see fit.
Well said.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue May 04, 2021 4:53 pm

C-Mag wrote:
I don't hear anyone saying, you know what we need in Cleveland or Queens or Denver, is Wolves and Buffalo. Those animals used to walk this land, so lets reintroduce them here.
They want other peoples' land restored to virginity, where the lion lays with the lamb, not theirs.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 5:05 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:49 pm

Is that not the natural state though? We’re the wolves not eating all of the small mammals since time immemorial?

I’m being half-serious, and I agree of course that nobody EVER considers longer term consequences.

Re: the wild horses, sounds like a lack of predators and grazing range is contributing to the imbalance. Unfortunately, we can only speculate as to what the ‘balance’ looked like.
Bison and Wolves need tens of millions of square miles of open land to range on to have a balanced ecosystem. You can't concentrate them, even as big as our national parks are, their ability to reproduce is quite fast. This is what I'm saying about mismanagement by the Feds. They are not setting carrying and maintaining carrying capacity. So the Bison quickly start to damage the land. The Wolves EXTREMELY smart, and opportunistic. They aren't going to hang around and wait til a Bison gets sick to take it down, they need to eat now and they are going to find a place they can eat with expending the least amount of energy doing it.

On Mustangs
Prior to protection, local ranchers used to manage the herds, they also culled the herds. But people started to crying about it, so we got a Billion dollar a year program ran by the BLM.

What makes anyone think our Federal government can manage complex ecosystems ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 04, 2021 5:05 pm

C-Mag wrote:

Quit treating rural people like shit. We are not a place where you get to do your little wild animal experiments. You wouldn't want me to do that to you. Grizzly Bears used to roam San Fransiscos hills, let's reintroduce Ursus Horribilus there.

You want to put these critters in National Parks fine, don't tie our hands to deal with them in our states as we see fit.
Send us the bears.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 5:08 pm

Here's efficiency.

They used to give away wild horses and burros for free. But no one wants them anymore (lots of reasons). So now, they are paying people $1,000 to take one. Have been for 2 years.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bureau-of- ... ild-horse/
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 04, 2021 5:08 pm

Now I'm just sitting here daydreaming of what the first family of grizzlies wandering through a tent city would look like.

If you thought sending bears to Seattle was going to quell my enthusiasm for man-made wildlife disaster policies you guessed WRONG!
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 5:09 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:05 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Send us the bears.
Hey, we already gave you Seahawks and wrecked them.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 04, 2021 5:09 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:08 pm
Now I'm just sitting here daydreaming of what the first family of grizzlies wandering through a tent city would look like.

If you thought sending bears to Seattle was going to quell my enthusiasm for man-made wildlife disaster policies you guessed WRONG!
:lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue May 04, 2021 5:21 pm

lmao

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 04, 2021 5:41 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:08 pm
Here's efficiency.

They used to give away wild horses and burros for free. But no one wants them anymore (lots of reasons). So now, they are paying people $1,000 to take one. Have been for 2 years.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bureau-of- ... ild-horse/
So what’s to stop from say, adopting 100 of them and putting them down?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0