Fitness Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Fitness Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 pm

I am going to start with this. I spent the past two months with the animal movements and some gymnastic floor work. I do all this stuff individually. Even if you don't do the traveling frog, but just the regular high frog hop where you transition into a crow pose, most of us would be pretty well challenged. That stuff burns your quads after a minute, and the crow actually works quite a lot of upper body muscles.

Also, I was able to hit a full bridge this week for the first time. Had to take a break from those because I fucked up my rotator cuff with those parallettes. In any case, those animal movements really accelerated progression in calisthenics and stretching. Like by a lot.

Oh.. and wrist pain is gone. I used to get those cysts in my wrists all the time and had a lot of pain in my wrists doing things like push-ups. That shit is gone.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:53 am

Yeah, those frog movements look rough

We had another fighter come in and coach us yesterday and he was having us do a combination of mountain climbers, to where we would then do a push up, stand up into a jump squat, and then back to mountain climbers. Adding all those movements in one smooth move like in the exercise above would be killer

So the fighters/coaches yesterday asked if I take any amino replacement since I'm in there all the time, all four of them heartily recommended it. Do you take any amino acid replacements?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 am

California wrote:Yeah, those frog movements look rough

We had another fighter come in and coach us yesterday and he was having us do a combination of mountain climbers, to where we would then do a push up, stand up into a jump squat, and then back to mountain climbers. Adding all those movements in one smooth move like in the exercise above would be killer

So the fighters/coaches yesterday asked if I take any amino replacement since I'm in there all the time, all four of them heartily recommended it. Do you take any amino acid replacements?

You mean BCAAs?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 am

Yes
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:58 am

California wrote:Yes

I used to, but I never really saw the point. If you drink a lot of milk you get the same thing. Whey isolate has that stuff in there too.

Honestly, after trying those SARMs, I realized most supplements are bullshit. Try taking something that has a real impact and you will be like fuck it, I will just focus on nutrition and maybe take this stuff every now and again.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 am

That's where I was kinda leaning. I always try and get what I need from real foods.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:08 am

California wrote:That's where I was kinda leaning. I always try and get what I need from real foods.

That really is the secret. The bodybuilders I know say that's most of it right there. Your nutrition. Most guys can show up at the gym and follow a program. Nutrition is more important.

Or drugs if that's your thing. Even SARMs, as weak as they are compared to steroids, make a pretty big impact. Once I took those I realized the supplement market is basically a big scam. Just focus on your food and maintain consistency in your training program. All that stuff you get in supplements you should be getting in your food anyway. Use a calorie tracker to track your micronutrients to ensure you get everything you need. One way to do this is to choose lots of different colors, but go heavy on green veggies. That's another thing: eat a ton of veggies. Protein is not the end all be all. I don't know why, but my body responds much more if I greatly increase vegetables. I don't even need as much protein as a lot of people think, maybe about 0.5 grams per lbs of body weight (0.7 at most). If you are on drugs, you could definitely utilize 1+ grams per lbs of body weight, but otherwise, you are just spending more money for food your body will have a harder time converting to glucose.

Amino acids are in your meat. They are in your dairy.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Holy shit.

Planche push ups on the backs of his hands.. damn, dude.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 pm

I ate a little more 1 gram of protein per pounds of body weight today. I can stop now right?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Nukedog wrote:I ate a little more 1 gram of protein per pounds of body weight today. I can stop now right?

Yeah. That's a myth. Research consistently shows the top-end protein synthesis maxes at 0.7 grams per pound of body weight, and those are elite athletes. Most likely your max right now is around 0.5 grams.

If you are on juice, then yeah, crank your protein right up. Also, I suspect guys who are near their genetic potential utilize much more protein due to higher maintenance needs.

But for the rest of us, anything over 0.7 grams per pound is expensive source for glucose.

I just changed everything about 4 months ago due to the research and am making better progress. Also, eat LOTS of veggies and 2-3 pieces of fruit. Don't neglect greens. Focus more on complete nutrition.