Fitness Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Fitness Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:52 am

Have you guys ever heard of "greasing the groove"?

I wanted to get my pull-up, L-sit, and some basic hanging practice on the rings down so I can increase my reps and times under tension for when I do an actual solid workout.

Basically, the idea is that you train your neural pathways to get used to a certain movement through constant repetitions, but not to failure. Basically, do 50%-80% of your max reps for a set in one set, and do that frequently throughout the day. For instance, if you can do 10 pull ups in a single set, then do something like 5-7 pull ups throughout the day. I have this power tower thingy at home. My plan is to hit that thing about 20 times a day with pull ups and an L-sit either on the dip bars or the gymnastic rings I hung from it. I don't break a sweat or anything like that, but my hope is that I can drastically increase the time I can maintain an L-sit and the number of pull up reps I can perform.

That way, at the gym when I am doing the actual routines to failure, I can make my target reps and possibly push myself further for more hypertrophy. I also need to slowly build up my stabilizer muscles so I can actually hang from those rings for an extended period of time.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:56 am

I just benched 450 ama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:08 am

TheReal_ND wrote:I just benched 450 ama

450 crossfit pounds?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Dude used a GtG strategy to increase his max push ups reps by over 60% in a month.

If you did that, and then went back to your normal training, I think you'd be able to build muscle a lot faster since you essentially could almost double your volume.

If you had a bench press at home, you could theoretically do this with the bench press. If you can bench like 5 reps at a particular weight, then just do 1-2 reps every hour or so for month. Every two weeks, measure your max reps and adjust. So if you are stuck at a certain weight, maybe this would help you break through that barrier.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:53 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Have you guys ever heard of "greasing the groove"?

I wanted to get my pull-up, L-sit, and some basic hanging practice on the rings down so I can increase my reps and times under tension for when I do an actual solid workout.

Basically, the idea is that you train your neural pathways to get used to a certain movement through constant repetitions, but not to failure. Basically, do 50%-80% of your max reps for a set in one set, and do that frequently throughout the day. For instance, if you can do 10 pull ups in a single set, then do something like 5-7 pull ups throughout the day. I have this power tower thingy at home. My plan is to hit that thing about 20 times a day with pull ups and an L-sit either on the dip bars or the gymnastic rings I hung from it. I don't break a sweat or anything like that, but my hope is that I can drastically increase the time I can maintain an L-sit and the number of pull up reps I can perform.

That way, at the gym when I am doing the actual routines to failure, I can make my target reps and possibly push myself further for more hypertrophy. I also need to slowly build up my stabilizer muscles so I can actually hang from those rings for an extended period of time.
This makes sense. Somewhat like the light-weight high-reps philosophy but adding more weight.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:54 pm

This is what I think the Parkernator needs to get into, combine calisthenics with some straight ninja training.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:34 pm

I began integrating this program into my system today:

I have a feeling this one will stamp out the last of the pain. Which is crazy. I might be relatively pain-free soon.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:00 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I began integrating this program into my system today:

I have a feeling this one will stamp out the last of the pain. Which is crazy. I might be relatively pain-free soon.
We do a lot of this at the end of kickboxing.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:00 pm

California wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I began integrating this program into my system today:

We do a lot of this at the end of kickboxing.

Do you do pylometric drills too?

That guy is unreal. That's how you burn some fat right there. Do that fasted.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:35 pm

We do in fact.

Check out Marshawn doing cuts like this on the beach in workboots

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0a ... s-in-BOOTS